21

Damon's POV

We have to find Katherine, she has the cure and Elena has her switch flipped so we need to fix that.  The other day, Rebekah and I went looking for anything that can lead us to her but it was no use.

When I went downstairs a smelt a familiar scent that I know way too well...death.

I opened my front door to a very dead body, drained of blood.

"Stefan! I think you need to see this!" I yell out for my younger brother.

"What is it?" He asks, concerned as he approaches me.

I move to the side and he looks at the body.

"Was it Elena?" Stefan asks.

"No, look at the body. There's a note in his hand." I tell him and take the note from the guys hand and he reads it out loud.

Mansion at the end Founder Road. Tonight at 9 pm . Optional BYOB. Tell everyone. This party is going to be killer.

It's a party.

"So whoever killed this person, is inviting us to a party? Why?" Stefan asks.

"I don't know." I reply.

Stefan receives a call and answers it.

"The high school is flooding about some mystery party happening. Has Elena told you anything about this?" I hear Caroline ask him.

"No, how do you know about it?" Stefan asks.

"There's posters on everyone's lockers. Do you think it's Elena throwing it?" Caroline asks.

"I don't know. We're about to find out." I say and Stefan hangs up.

"I don't think it's Elena." Rebekah says as she and Klaus enters our house.

"What? Who else would it be?" Stefan asks.

"Mara. Look, the note has her signature at the bottom of it. Klaus and I got one too. She turned off her emotions when Elena and Jeremy killed Kol." She explains.

"My little sister isn't like most vampires who flip the switch, she's calculating, mischievous, and thrives on chaos. Unlike the sloppy vampires that thrive on overfeeding and don't care about anything, she likes to make sure that everyone suffers just as much as she does." Klaus tells us.

"You all think we're bad? She's the worst of the lot. If she planned this party, she is planning something. Something bad." Rebekah tells us.

"Plus, there is one thing she cannot resist. She loves a good party." Klaus tells us.

"So, I guess we're going to go party." I say.

"We have to keep Elena away from there. Mara watched Elena and Jeremy kill Kol. If she even sees her face, she'll be dead the second she sees her." Stefan explains.

"Her emotions are off. She won't care about Elena killing him. If Elena gets in her way, then maybe she'll kill her. But right now, she doesn't care in the slightest. Your doppleganger lover is safe for now. We need to figure out what she's up to." Klaus says.

"The only way to do that is if we go to the party. So get dressed and be there around 9:30, it's always better to be fashionably late." Rebekah tells us.