1

At the Salvatore house.

"Are you gonna root through his stuff all night or are you gonna start to tell me your story?" Elena asks annoyed.

"Ah...you really are no fun. What do you want to know?" Rebekah says.

Elena walks into the room.
"Well, Elijah said that your father was a landowner in Europe. How did you guys end up here?" Elena asks.

"My parents had just started a family, when a plague struck their homeland. They lost a child to it. They wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate." Rebekah replies.

"So, how did you end up here? This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet." Elena questions.

"Not by anyone in your history books. But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy...blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That lead my family here, where we lived amongst those people." Rebekah explains.

"The werewolves?"Elena asks.

"To us, they were just our neighbors. My family lived in peace with them for over 20 years, during which time my family had more children, including me." Rebekah explains.

"You make it sound so normal." Elena states.

"It was." Rebekah replies.

"Once a month our family retreated into the caves beneath our village. The wolves would howl through the night and by morning we'd return home..." Rebekah states.

"One full moon, Klaus and my youngest brother Henrik snuck out to watch the men turn into beasts. That was forbidden. Henrik paid the price..." She tells.

"And that was the beginning of the end of peace with our neighbors..And one of the last moments my family had together as humans." Rebekah continues.

Elena's phone vibrates.

"You better get that. That'll be Damon checking up on you." Rebekah tells her.
Elena answers her phone.

"Hello?" She answers.
"Hey!" Damon replies.

"Damon, where are you?" Elena asks.

"No idea, but I'm pretty sure I'm overdressed...Still standing?" Damon asks.

"Yes, I'm fine, but I can't talk right now." Elena tells him.

"I'll be at the bar." Stefan says.

"Is that Stefan?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, I kinda went off a bit. Don't worry. I know what I'm doing." Damon explains.

"Damon! How could you let him out?" Elena questions angrily.

Rebekah is lying on the bed, digging through one of Stefan's diaries.

"Did you get your fill of snooping yet? Can we get on with the story?" Elena asks annoyed.
Rebekah gets up; she picks up a photo of Elena and Stefan from a table.

"Honestly, I don't get you two as a couple." Rebekah states.

"Why would you? You don't know anything about who he really is." Elena tells her.
"I know exactly who he is. He's a vampire. We're a predatory species. We don't have time to care about humans and their silly little
lives." Rebekah replies.