6

New Orleans, Louisiana. A place filled with a culture that is unique to the city itself. I didn't spend too much time in New Orleans but when I did it was always a blast. I have a nephew who lived here years ago. Klaus says that he died because Mikael killed him. Klaus was heartbroken about it, so was Rebekah. They were a thing briefly, but of course, Aeron was always Rebekah's first love.

I roamed the streets of New Orleans, I heard the beautiful jazz music that echoed from street to street. The city was vibrant.

As I walked I noticed that some vampires and witches were whispering around. I do not know why they felt the need to gossip like hens but I'll let them do what they please.

I walked into a local bar called Rousseau's, it was a cute little establishment.

I ordered my usual drink and just sipped on it. The last time I was wasted, I hooked up with Damon Salvatore.

I sense people or rather, vampires, appear behind me.  turn around and present a fake smile.

"Gentlemen, how can I help you?" I ask.

"We heard there was an unaccounted-for vampire in the quarter. We need to clarify the rules with the newcomers." A vampire with tan skin and a curly afro tells me.

"And what would happen if one were to break
one of these rules?" I ask.

"You will be punished depending on which rule you broke and what you did." He replies.

"Ah, I see and who would be deciding my punishment?" I ask.

"The vampire, Marcel. He's the boss." He states. My breath hitched. I thought he was dead. Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah also thought he was dead.

"Where is Marcel?" I ask.

"Why do you want to know?" He questions. I stand up on my tippy toes and I look him in the eye and begin to compel him.

"You will take me to Marcel." I command. The other vampires sped away as soon as the vampire began to comply with what I said. He takes me surprisingly to the old Mikaelson Compound.

I walk through the gate and begin to feel a resurgence of nostalgia. This was our home many years ago.

A crowd of vampires jump down from rails and balconies. All were prepared for a fight. I look at the lot of them and I smirk.

"Can one of you please tell Marcel that he has a guest?" I ask.

"I'm here. Who wants to know?" He asks as he walks out.

He pushes through the crowd of vampires till he can see that it's me. "Mara?" He asks, shocked.

"Marcellus." I greet with a smile and we hug.

"Gosh, where have you been? I haven't seen any of you in centuries." He asks. The crowd spread apart after they realized I wasn't a threat.

"We all thought you were dead. I was so sad that I never stepped foot into the city because of how sad I knew it'd make me. Well, until now." I explain.

"Well I'm very much alive and I now rule New Orleans. But I missed my best friend." He says to me.

"I missed you too." I say with a smile.

"So, how's your life been in these last few centuries?" He asks.

"I mean it's been okay. It was good until much more recent events." I reply.

"What happened?" He asks.

"Well, all of the Mikaelsons have been awakened. Including you know who. So were my brothers." I say.