18

The next day, Caroline is on the phone with Elena.

"Tell me you're not serious." Caroline states.

"I wish I weren't. When we got back from looking for Jeremy, Shane and Bonnie were gone too. Shane needs Bonnie to cast a spell on Jeremy's tattoo in order to find the cure, and he managed to sneak them both out from under our noses." Elena explains.

"Well, where's Damon in all this?" Caroline asks.

"We had an argument. I thought he was just taking a walk, but then when we went to the beach, we saw signs of a struggle." Elena explains.

"Meaning what?" Caroline asks.

"Meaning somebody probably jumped him and then grabbed him." Elena replies.

"Do you think Shane took him?" Caroline asks.

"No, I mean, he's not strong enough to take Damon on, even with the element of surprise. He must have someone, or at least a few someones helping him." Elena says.

"I'm so sorry. I wish I was there to help." Caroline tells her.

"Well, maybe there's something you can do from home." Elena says.

"Anything. Tell me." Caroline replies.

"So Shane's looking for the cure. We think we can find him. We have pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, but we just can't translate the map." Elena tells her.

"Unless you get the Hunter's Sword from Klaus." Caroline sighs.

"Exactly." Elena replies.

"I'll find it, don't worry. Just e-mail me photos of Jeremy's tattoo. I'll find the sword, and I'll call you back." Caroline tells her.

"Thank you, Caroline." Elena replies.

"Bye." Caroline says as she hangs up the phone.

"Need my help with anything, love?" Klaus asks.

"Nope." Caroline states as she struts out of the house.

"We need to talk, sister." Klaus tells me.

"Do we?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yes, what happened to you on the night Kol died? I saw a side of you I've never seen before." He asks.

"I was upset and I retaliated." I tell him.

"You managed to get passed a door that you had not been invited inside of. No vampire in history has been able to do that and you did it with no struggle. You eyes changed color too." He tells me.

"Niklaus, I am able to siphon magic. So not only do I siphon magic from my werewolf side, but I also siphon my magic from the most powerful spell that has ever been casted. That spell just so happens to cause us not to be able to enter a house we haven't been invited in, i manipulated the spell. As for the blue eyes, I don't know." I tell him.

"I guess that makes sense, when you became a vampire, you absorbed Esther's spell." Klaus says.

"Exactly." I reply. Caroline and Tyler walk into the house with a laptop and Klaus' sword.

"Well, if it isn't little orphan Lockwood. Come to show how laughably impotent you are against me?" Klaus asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"I'm just trying to help my friends find the cure. Found this in your attic." Tyler replies.

"And you think finding the sword brings you closer to the cure?" Klaus asks.

"You tell me. I was playing around with the handle on the ride over, and I found this." Tyler says as he unwraps the leather on the sword.

"And what do you think 'this' is?" Klaus asks curiously.

"It's called a cryptex. I've seen The da Vinci Code. You turn the different sides to the different symbols to get the translation on the other side. [turning to the table] And with the magic of the internet, Elena sent over these. So now all we have to do is cryptex away. If you both happened to want to help, we wouldn't stop you." Caroline says to us.

"I don't want to help so I'll pass." I reply in a bored tone.

"Right. Well, might I suggest using the magic of the internet to purchase an Aramaic-to-English dictionary from your nearest retailer." Klaus tells them.

"What's Aramaic?" Tyler asks his girlfriend.

"It's a dead language. It hasn't been used since, like, biblical times." Caroline replies.

"Qetsiyah's native tongue, I'm guessing. You know, even if you had the best dictionary in the world, it could take days to translate. Perhaps weeks. 'In bas so-teen-too ara-ma-eet.'" Klaus replies.

"What does that mean?" Caroline asks.

"If only you spoke Aramaic." I translate.

They're still searching through the symbols and translating them.

"Okay, this is it. We've translated all the symbols on the tattoo. 'Passage inside...requires a young senator, and a pretty flower.' Okay, none of this makes sense!" Caroline huffs in frustration.

"'Requires a powerful witch and a hunter in full bloom.'" Klaus translates after reading the Armaic writing.

"What are you doing?" Tyler questions Klaus.

"I don't need to tell you my reasons. Caroline. Bring my sword over here." Klaus states.

Klaus says some things in Armaic.

There's only enough for one dose of the cure. That means it's either Rebekah or Elena who will take it. That could be interesting.

An idea pops onto my head and I smirk. I took my phone out and sent a message to an old friend.

"I need you to do me a favor. Get me some of Silas' blood." -M

It's getting quite depressing and repetitive around here. I need some good old-fashioned vengeance and entertainment.

Klaus intercepted a call with Rebekah and basically told her that there's only one dosage of the cure. That could be interesting, considering that Rebekah would literally kill them all for the cure.

I finally stood up after texting the directions for obtaining the cure to my friend. I approached the border that's keeping me and Klaus inside.

I placed my hand on the force.

"What is she doing?" Caroline asks as I begin absorbing the spell.

"You're brilliant, little sister." Klaus tells me. I roll my eyes at his comment.

"She's absorbing the spell." Caroline says in realization.

She and Tyler rush up to me but I snap their necks with my magic.

I finally siphoned the spell in it's entirety and crossed the barrier.

Klaus goes to leave but I pull him back with my powers.

"Sorry, brother. But you need to stay here for now. You can leave when the sun sets." I told him.

"Mara!" He yells as I snap his neck and put up a new barrier spell.

I leave the house and move on to my next location.

Sorry for the delay! Things are gonna get interesting as no humanity Mara enacts her plan. I might update twice today since I just got a really cool idea for the story. I hope you enjoyed!