3

So we're having a ball tonight in honor of the family's return together. I really missed Bekah. But, all of them are like family. I also really missed my brother. Both of them.

We were in the family room and Kol was getting his suit altered. Finn was getting adjusted. Elijah was scanning his shoes. Rebekah was getting her nails painted. I was getting my dress fixed. Samael was playing on a cell phone. Aeron was next to Rebekah but they were not speaking. He is quite angry about her part to play in him being put to sleep.

I'm also ignoring Kol though, he broke my heart ages ago and I'm not going to let him off easily.

"Rebekah,tell me how handsome I am." Kol says.

"Oh, Kol. You know I can't be compelled." She replies.

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!" Klaus storms in.

"Here we go." Rebekah sighs.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus threatens.

"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?" Kol states bored.

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself." Klaus tells him.

"And who are you, my father?" Kol questions, provoking Klaus.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house." Klaus tells him.

"Then perhaps we should go outside." Kol says challenging Klaus.

Klaus and Kol stare at each other. Esther walks in.

"Enough! Niklaus. Come." Esther orders.
Nik leaves the room with Esther.

"You both couldn't resist provoking him." I state.

"Well, darling. Provoking dear old Nik is one of my many talents. You know the others." He says flirtatiously.

"Sadly." I scoff.

"Get a bloody room. No one wants to hear that." Samael states.

"Oh, please. Even if we went to another room you'd still hear us." I tell him.

"You're right." He says.

" Dear brother, my best friend is obviously trying to get your attention." I tell Aeron.
"I know she is. She allowed for me to get put to sleep. She doesn't deserve my attention." He states.

"Oh, brother. Why must your temper always get in the way?" I asked.

"Come, Mara. Seeing as I don't have a date. I want you to come with me to get one." Rebekah says to me. But it's clear that she implied for it to really address Aeron.

I get up and leave the mansion. We head to a place called Mystic Grill and walk inside. When we get in we see the doppleganger and a vampire named Caroline sitting at a table.

Kol's POV

I was walking down the hallway towards my room when I am shoved and held up against the wall.

"Samael, my dearest friend." I greet.

"Kol. I heard about what happened with Mara all those years ago.  You broke her heart." He says with gritted teeth.

"I know.  I was delusional and messed up in the brain. You know I never wanted to hurt her." I say.

"Well you did. Normally, in these situations you'd be dead. But you're my best friend and I'm letting you off with a warning. But know, if you hurt her again I swear I will find a way to kill you in the most painful way possible." He warns and releases me.

"It's funny you say that. Nik said the same exact thing when it first happened." I tell him.

"Good." Samael replies with a smirk.

Sam may claim to have no emotions but he truly cares for Mara and will protect her. I can't complain about it either because I would be the same way if it was Rebekah.

Hey I'd really appreciate if you could maybe comment some feedback? This is one my first books and I really want this one to be good so any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated.