Chapter 12

********

I am walking Oliver's dog while listening to music. I'm not paying attention; I am just running at a nice pace. I'm listening to Don't Want You Back by the Backstreet Boys. At my steady pace, I am tripped.

When I fall, I am picked up by a muscular body. At first I think its Oliver being funny. But I know better, Oliver is wounded, he can't pick me up. I look at the face that picked me up. It's Nay. He looks angry.

I scream, but someone covers my mouth with duct tape. I look at the nice manicured hand and then its owner. It's Maya. She looks at me and laughs at my attempted scream.

I squirm, but Nay is too strong. May opens a door of a white van and climbs inside. Nay throws me in and slams the door behind me. I am still screaming through the tape.

I got to jump out but Maya handcuffed my hand to a bar inside the van. I look at her with fear, but all she says is, "Let's do this, Mother." The car takes off abruptly and I look at the driver.

"How are you doin' hun?" She laughs at her sarcastic question.

"I think she's peachy, right Hunny B.?" Maya asks while she sits back eating Honey Buns and Royz cake. "Are you hungry?" I just sat there, confused. We stopped at a red light and they all turned around to look at me.

"Are you okay?" Ma says.

"She's not of importance anymore. Just do away with her already before it's too late." Nay says in annoyance.

"I'm getting there. Just lemme load it first," May answers calmly.

"This won't hurt a bit, siz. See you in another life." She winks then reveals a sharp knife and immediately aims it at my throat.

"Oh. Don't worry Ri. We'll tell Oliver everything." She leans in and whispers. "Just between us. I'll kiss him goodbye for you."

Then we jerk forward as an eruption explodes.

***

I quickly sat up in my bed. I was breaking a sweat in my pink tank top.

I stretched, hearing my back crack with intensity, to retrieve my phone from my nightstand. Then I remembered my nightstand is at my old house with my old bed and my old memories.

The gunshots were still playing back in my mind and the stabbing fights, and the letter. I immediately turned to retrieve it from under my pillow.

Did everything happen because of me?

I fell hard onto my pillow, and I scolded myself to wake up and concentrate on right now rather than last night.

I found my phone on the floor. I remembered turning it off, and why I turned it off, so playing a little game of candy crush was completely out of the morning's routine. I know that once it turned on, it would be spammed with messages from Maya, Nay, and Ma...correction, Her.

I threw the phone in disgust at the thought of her and relaxed in silence waiting for something to make me get up. And there it was; the sweet aroma of food nearly made me weep for joy.

I jumped out of the most comfortable bed. I walked out of the homiest bedroom. I walked down the prettiest painted hallway. And I walked into the best smelling kitchen with a bright smile on my face. I was expecting Oliver to be standing at the large oven, but instead there stood a tall blonde woman, with the longest legs, with ear buds in her ears, an apron around her waist in the tallest black pumps I have ever seen. She was rapping to Macklemore's and Ryan Lewis' Can't Hold Us so when she turned to grab an egg off the Island behind her, she dropped it at the sight of me.