Chapter 3.

.........

"Come on," I muttered in frustration twisting the key in the ignition.

"Maybe we should have taken my car?" Maya suggested. "Your car sucks. Nothing personal. I mean, come on. This window won't even roll down anymore!"

I turned to try and make her understand.

"I know, but I still love it. It's just that... Argh! I still have to go pass by the office and get the lecture pass. Plus it's already 8am, and I haven't dropped you off at your place yet!" I rambled in frustration.

"What does that have to do with the car?"

"We're going to be late! ...I'm going to be late," I complained smacking my head against the back of the seat. "Damn it."

Maya slightly sighed and reached over to take the keys from me.

"Let's see," she put the key in the ignition.

"I already tried, there's no way-" I was interrupted as the engine roared to life, and my radio blasted a familiar voice of Michael Bublee.

"How did you do that? You're a genius!"

She sent me a small smirk. "I know".

Rolling my eyes, I snapped on my seatbelt. "Yeah, whatever."

Singing loud and proud the words, "Who's the genius?" came out of her mouth.

"Shut up"

She laughed, and I started our drive.

The trip to school took much longer than it would if there was no traffic, so we decided it would be wiser if I just left my car with her, then she would come pick me up after school.

The car rise was awkwardly silent. When I looked at Maya, she was busy texting someone on her phone. Her faced formed a frown the whole time which meant she was definitely arguing with someone. I didn't bother asking her what it was; I just wanted to get a peaceful and non-drama day.

When we were finally arrived, I cut the engine quickly and got out of the car.

"Hey! Relax. It's the first day. I'm sure a lot of people aren't even going to bother showing up," she said tucking her phone back in her jeans pocket. She pulled me in a hug when I gave her the keys.

"Would you mind telling my brain. Gotta go. Take care of my baby for me will you?" I said as I tapped the hood of the car. It was my Ma's birthday gift to me two years ago, and it was the best gift I had ever received.

"Yes, I will drama queen. Now, go chase those boys!" She shouted as I hurried towards the building.

I made my way to the elevator and pressed the button. Nothing seemed to be happening. I pressed the up-button again and started tapping my foot in irritation; the lift was taking its sweet time making it to the ground floor. It was difficult, restraining from cussing that is.

"That lift doesn't work," a voice behind me informed.

I felt humiliated. I turned around to look at the man behind the voice. My eyes widened with surprise when I faced him. He was tall, taller than me, and that was saying something.

I was 6'ft, and he seemed to be 6'2. He had black hair that was shorter around the sides, but it fell across his forehead messily. It made me notice his eyes. They were the most beautiful silver gray eyes I had ever seen. His face was perfectly shaped. His body was perfectly shaped.

A sheepish smile crossed my face when I realized I was staring.

"Oh.."

He chuckled, walked over to the next lift, and it immediately opened. I was still rooted to where I was standing until he spoke again.