Chapter 4.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

I was standing in the middle of the school parking, it had been thirty minutes and there was still no sign of mother nor Maya. I was getting worried when the place became weirdly quiet. I took in the fact that there was no security guard on sight, i also noticed that there were two bmw's at the furthest corner. That by itself shot an immediate red alarm to my brain.

I was about to convince myself that I was just being paranoid, when the cars flashed there lights twice, a signal that i did not want to find out. A jolt of panic rose through my body and I knew I had to get out of there before something really bad happened. I moved quickly, rushed towards the exit gate, but in the processes my body slammed to a hard wall.

"Whoa, watch where you're going princess."

The hard wall I thought I had bumped into was apparently human. Scratch that, he was God's gift to human kind. Wouh! let's not go there Ri, clearly i have serious head damage.

Oliver held my waist, preventing me from falling hard on my ass.

"I don't think you have head damage. I tend to have that effect on people."

Shit. Did i say that out loud?

"Yes Princess, you did." He chuckled, the vibration from his chest felt enthralling.

"Wait, do you read minds?" I gave him a scrutinizing gaze.

"Oh how i wish. I am a man of many talents but unfortunately mind reading is not one of them." I took note on the emphasis of 'many' for future conversations. I hadn't noticed that he had already steadied me, and was currently pressed against his body.

Normally I would have been embarrassed at the situation i was in, but I was more relieved to see a familiar face, despite the stirred reactions that were currently happening in my body. It was perhaps the reason i stayed intact, afraid to move away.

We stayed in that position for a few seconds, neither trying to break free. I had no idea what was running through my mind at that time, all I kept looking at were those intense grey eyes staring at me. Those eyes that seemed to have a full history behind them. A dark mysterious history. It was like I was being drawn to them, hypnotized.

It took a very annoying honk to break me free from the trance I was in. My mind re-arranged itself and I entangled myself from Oliver. He seemed to have noticed my sudden movement, he blinked and shook his head as if to remind himself of something, then looked behind him. He cleared his throat.

"Who the f*ck is that?"

I inwardly flinched at the  F

word, and followed his eyes to see or rather hear who was honking at the gate. It was undoubtedly a very annoyed driver who was trying to get past the gate, but since there wasn't a security guard around, well you get his dilemma.

"Somebody better open this f*cking gate before someone looses their worthless ass." HONK.

"Bloody wankers!" HONK HONK HONNNNK.

I instantly recognized that voice and fake accent, his sugar-coated mouth that always brought a smile to my face when it was not angry.

I took a breathy laugh as a jolt of excitement filled me. I started walking towards the gate, but before I could take the third step, Oliver caught my wrist and stopped my movement. I turned around and gave him the 'what is wrong with you' face. He clearly did not get it or choose to ignore me cause he didn't let go of my wrist.