Chapter 7.

Here it is people! Another update!

This week i'm on a roll! Lol!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

"Stand up!!" I shouted at Nay from the passenger side of the truck.

"Not until you give me an answer," he said, his eyes shining with amusement.

"Argh!" I exclaimed in frustration. "Stand up you idiot!"

Ignoring my commands, he says, "Is that a yes?"

I felt my face go hot for a second. "No, it's not a yes. It's 'I will kick your ass' if you don't stand up right now!!"

"Are you blushing?"

Am I blushing? "No I am not- "

"- Uh-uh... no lying to me, Boo." He was still kneeling on the ground with my white flower.

"Fine!" I yelled, giving up. "My cheeks are red from embarrassment." I crossed my arms and looked at him with childish anger. "And I am not your Boo! Now stand up Nathaniel!"

He finally stood up. Smiling, he had the nerve to say, "You know I think we could be an awesome couple."

That was it. "ARE YOU HIGH?!!"

"Are you nine?"

"WHAT?!"

"You're throwing a tantrum"

"NO I AM NOT- " I closed my eyes and took a deep and calming breath while counting down from ten. Ten. We have been arguing for what feels like hours. Nine. Nay's stupidity is making me tense. Eight. Seven. I don't know why, but his question has rose some of my- Six. Five. No. Four. Three. I can't go there. Two. I exhaled slowly. One. Then I opened my eyes.

Nay, with the flower in his hand, stood there with the most charming smile on his face. He didn't look uncomfortable or awkward. He looked at ease and his calmness was almost contagious.

"Come on love, why deny the impossible?"

"Why are you doing this?" I resignedly asked.

"Gee, it's like I'm asking you to betray your country or something. It's just a simple date, Ri."

"You're screwing with me."

"I-" His phone rang. He held up his hand in a hold-the-moment motion.

I rolled my eyes, turned around and walked back to the truck. I took my phone and found several texts from Maya. I texted her back: Sorry didnt check phone. So much to tell u!

"Hey! We need to go," Nate called rushing back to the truck. He immediately got into the driver's seat.

"Glad you're wild moment has passed"

"Oh, we are far from done Red-Cheeks."

"Stop calling me pet-names, Nay!"

"Okay."

"I am serio- oh, okay, good." I adjusted my seat position and rolled down my window.

"Cat caught your tongue?"

"No," I said. "Now shut up. Just drive."

"Yes ma'am."

We drove in silence. I looked out of the window the whole way, but was too caught up in my mind to recognize where we were going. I thought about what Nay said, but I also thought about Oliver. They both asked me out, but Nate did it so I couldn't go out with Oliver. Right? And Oliver did it because he likes me. Right? I mentally came up with a list of pros and cons for both. I had just finished, my cons list for Nate, which may or may not have had many things listed, when I came back to reality. Maya's squeal awoke me.