Chapter 11.

*******

"Where are we going, Oliver? We should be heading to the hospital; you're hurt! You shouldn't be driving! My God, I shouldn’t have let you drive. Where are we going? Are you okay? Of course you're not okay!"

Oliver was driving like a maniac. His face was pale, and he drove with his left hand while the right held tight to his bleeding wound.

"Oh!" I immediately removed my sweater. "Here, let me. Concentrate on driving." He let go as I pressed both my hands under his right rib.

"More pressure."

"Oh. Uh…like this— stop driving so fast! You could get us hurt or worse—"

"Ri…"

"Get us both killed! I may not like what is—"

"Ri—"

"I know. I know. I'm talking too much, that happens when I'm nervous. I know it's not helping but— Christ! You're going off the road!"

"Ri—"

"Oh my God you're hands are covered!"

"Princess?"

"Yeah?" I looked at his face. 

"Please shut up. We're here." He parked in front of a blue two-story house.

I quickly jumped out of the car to escort him inside.

"I can handle it."

"Of course you can,” I said with sarcasm. “Here, lean on me and give me your house keys." We managed to get safely inside and on the couch without us tripping on the way.

"Few! You way a ton! Now —hey! Where are you going?!"

"To the bathroom."

"You made me carry most of your weight when you can walk by yourself?!" I followed him into one of the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. I bumped into his muscular arm as I ran into the room, but he didn’t seem to notice.

"You insisted. Plus it was the only way I could shut you up."

"I—" I lost my train of thought when he lifted his shirt revealing a nice, defined abdomen. Damn.

"See what you like princess?"

Yes.

"Nope. Just a lot of blood."

"If you think this is gross you might want to step out." He took out a giant pair of tweezers and the next thing I knew he was about to inject his wound with them.

"What are you doing?! "

“Getting the bullet out…?” He looked at me with an “obviously” look on his face.Then he continued with his mission.