chapter 8 part 2.

****************

"No way! That hot D.J is Oliver?" Maya yelled over the loud bass.

I giggled and answered, "Yep! My Oliver!"

Did I just admit that the DJ is hot? Crap.

"I meant that he-"

"Na-uh Ri! I heard you the first time." She nudged my arm and winked. "Guess that means I can't call dibs on him anymore?"

"You called dibs on him?" I said arching an eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah! And every other single girl in this room does, too, but of course at the time I didn't know he was your Oliver." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Oh, shut up, May!" I side-stepped and walked around her and walked closer to the front stage.

"Someone's in a hurry to mark their territory," I hear from behind me. I turned around and waved my hand slowly at her. One by one I folded a finger till the middle and pinky remained.

"Remove the pinky and that's for you M." I stuck my tongue out at her and resumed walking. I heard her gasp behind me which made me smile.

The speakers were booming with the Jason Derulo song It Girl as I finally climbed the stairs up to him. He lifted his head and suddenly I got nervous.

I cleared my throat. What do I say? I stared at his movements. The way his strong hands moved, his head moved with the beat of the song. His shoulders-

"Princess, it's rude to stare." He looked at me.

My breath caught on my throat as his intriguing eyes looked at me. His face wore its usual smirk.

"Uh... Hi." Concentrate on acting cool, Ri.

"Come here," he said gesturing for me to stand beside him.

I walked up the side stair following his gesture, and when I finally stood beside him, I looked down at the crowd. I searched for a particular annoying hot ass but didn't find him. I smiled as I saw different groups of people grinding to the song.

My crazy dance partner whose name I learnt was Mark, was in between two ladies, doing crazy stunts that was not in sync with the beat of the song. I laughed when he walked to a couple and started grinding between them.

"You see a lot of crazy stuff up here!" I turned to look at Oliver. I was drowning in his sexy scent of cologne. It smelled amazing.

"Yeah, and that's not even half of it! Look," he said pulling me closer. "At the left corner, do you see the tall girl?"

"She looks like she's dancing, no, grinding alone?"

"No. Look closer."

I moved closer to him, trying to see what he saw. I admit, I took at long lasting breathe-in while I "looked closer".

He smelled better than amazing that time. Then I saw it,

"Ah! She's grinding with a dwarf?!"

"They prefer the name: grounders."I giggled.

"Yeah, well, she should at least kneel or-" Just then, Don't Wanna Go Home pumped the speakers, and I laughed especially hard when suddenly she lifted the guy up. He wrapped his legs around her waist.

"Jason Derulo!" I screamed raising my fist in the air. I laughed as I looked from my high post of Pride Rock to where everyone jumped up and down.

I saw Maya grab a guy by his jacket and move to the middle where they started moving their hips to the song.

I looked at Oliver and joined him in moving our shoulders to the beat of the song when he handed me an extra D.J headset.