Chapter 5 part 1.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

I stayed still on my seat. My head on the window shield as i looked outside, Watching the trees pass by, i imagined i was leaving all my issues behind as well. I rolled the window pane down and allowed the fresh air to take my senses. The wind blew my hair away, it gave me a sense of peace, freedom.

I turned beside me and looked at Nay, he had a small frown etched on his face, i knew he was debating with himself. The tension of the outburst still hanged on the air.

"Ri" "Nay" We both said simultaneously. I wanted to tell him to go first but my phone rang.

I took it out from the back of my jeans.

"Ma? are you okay? where are you? I didn't fin.."

"Relax honey, i am fine. Did you get my surprise?"

Wait, she meant Nate?

"Ma did you call me at that time to meet you so that i could see Nate?"

"There you go darling! You catch up fast." She chuckled. Nervously if i was not wrong.

"But you made it sound like an emergency,.. Like i was in sort of trouble?"

"My poor baby, did i get you worried? I am sorry, that was not my intention i simply didn't want you to ask any questions cause you know you can easily get information from anyone when you want to. Remember that time..." I cut her off..

"Ma, i get it. " I said knowing where the conversation was leading to. But the feeling she was not entirely truthful held in my gut. I looked over to find Nay guiltily looking at me. I raised an eyebrow at him.

He mouthed to me to say hi to Ma who was currently still blabbering on the phone. Something she did when she was nervous.

"Eeh.. Ma?"

"Yes hun?.."

"Nate says hi.." I glanced at him and gave a reassuring smile, i had hoped it would calm the uneasiness that he obviously felt, but he returned it with a straining one.

"Oh, you mean what he said is that he wants my permission to take you out tonight.." She laughed as though there was a private joke that i was not aware of.

"Tell him it's okay, as long as he brings you back in one piece and alcohol free. In fact, hand the phone over to him."

"Okay..." I handed over the phone.

"Hello Mum,.." His expression immediately brightened. An expression that he always had when we were kids, especially when Ma was scolding us. I knew she was definitely giving him a lecture by the way his left hand nervously rubbed his neck.

Nate's mother died when he was born, leaving him and his father, Mr.Grayson. It was difficult for him since his father was never around when he was growing up, he handled different businesses across states. He was mostly left alone with a nanny or sometimes he spent time over at our house.

I suddenly realized we had stopped and parked outside a huge fancy house, a mansion was the better word. There were several cars parked outside, a few limousine's that were dropping people.

People walked in and out of the mansion, some were screaming, laughing, others full on making out. There was faint music coming from inside. I wondered who's party it was...Wait, Party!!

I looked down on myself, i was not dressed for a fancy party with my tight jeans a v-neck silk shirt with a blazer. Definitely not an outfit for such an event, even though Maya had specifically chosen them for me in the morning. She was very persistent that i wore them, that meant she knew about this.