15

Y/n POV
It has been a month since the fight with my family and today is a very special day, Soda and I's birthday!
We found out that not only are our birthdays in the same month, but the same day!

I woke up and kissed Dally on the cheek.
I ended up moving out of the Curtis' house and in with Dally.
I didn't want to inconvenience them any longer with me in their house.

He woke up and cuddled close to me.
"Happy birthday my girl" he said and kissed me.
"Thank you baby" I said and got up to go get ready.

After we were both ready, we left to go to the Curtis' house.
I walked in and everyone said either "happy birthday" or "happy 17th Y/n" and I thanked them, looking for Soda.

I saw him come out of his room and ran over to him, giving him a big hug.
He was startled at first but then hugged back, realizing it was just me.
"Hey birthday twin!" he said to me, "Oh it's your birthday?" I asked him as a joke, pretending I had no idea.
He opened his mouth wide and played along, "how could you forget? I don't think we can be best friends anymore".
I jumped on his back and said "just kidding!" and we both laughed.

Today was going to be an exciting day.
First, we got to choose if we wanted to do cake or presents first.
Soda and I looked at each other, knowing Steve would want cake first, so we both said "presents".
We started cracking up when Steve's face grew disappointed with our choice.

The gang all got us each a gift and it was so sweet! We thanked them all and then we ate cake.
Steve got really excited and jumped up to be the first to get some.
I looked at Soda and signaled that I had an idea.
"Ah ah ahhh" I said to Steve before he could touch the cake.
He turned around to face me with a confused look, "Well, I thought that maybe since it's me and Soda's birthday, we should be the first to eat the cake" I told him, trying to hold back my laughter.
He looked a little sad but eventually agreed.

We cut the cake together and took the first bites, and let me tell you, it was the best cake I had ever had!
"I can't take it anymore! Your reactions are making it look so good!" Steve complained, running over to the cake and grabbing a slice. Everyone laughed and got their own slices too.

We all hung out at the Curtis' for a while, until we went to the drive in.
We were all being loud and having the best time of our lives, well I don't know about them, but it was definitely the best time in my life.

I grabbed Dal's hand and ran to the hole under the fence to get in first. Once everyone was inside, we got to our seats and people were shushing us, but we ignored them and kept on being loud and obnoxious.
Soda and I then went to get popcorn and sodas for everyone, and while we were waiting in line I gave Soda a hug and said "thank you".
He looked at me funny and said "for what?".
"Everything" I responded, and he understood. "Of course Y/n, we love you so much".

We got our snacks and went back to our seats.
Dally put his arm around my shoulders and I rested my head on his, and we watched the movie.

It's baffles me how a regular girl who just wanted to escape her family, could end up finding a whole new bunch of friends who really cared for her.
Like actually cared.

A question that always came to my mind, no matter where I went, was
"is this my home? My actual home?".
At first I believed that New York was my home, then I thought I belonged no where.
Now I know that I belong here, in Tulsa.

Tulsa is my true home, the place I was always meant to be, with my amazing new family.