10

Y/n POV
I woke up and I was lying in Dally's arms.
I turned my head slightly, trying to look around at my surroundings without waking him up, but it was to no avail.
He began to move slightly and opened his eyes, looking at me when he remembered I was there.
"Morning" he said to me and smiled, I smiled back at him.

Then I remembered.
Darry.
Shit.
He's going to kill me.

I got up quickly and started to pace around the room.
"What's wrong?" Dally asked,
"Darry! He's going to murder me! I was supposed to be home at midnight!".
"Oh right! Shit well.." he spoke, trying to think of an excuse.
"Well maybe you could tell him about that dude who tried to kidnap you and say you were too scared to go back after that? And so you stayed here for the night and never went back".

That, actually, was genius.

"Yeah, that sounds believable enough" I told him.

But wait.

"Where's Two-bit?" I asked him,
"probably having a massive hangover downstairs" Dally responded.
"He probably won't remember a thing so we'll get away with it".
"Ok ok" I said thinking and taking a deep breath.

I really didn't want Darry to kick me out, I mean I wouldn't have anywhere to stay!

I hope this works.
It needs to.

"Ok" I said to Dally, "let's go".
We went downstairs and found Two-bit on the ground behind the bar asleep.
I shook him awake and all I got was a groan in response.
"Ugh what happened?" Two said finally, opening his eyes and holding his head.
"We never went back to the Curtis' last night after the party. You stayed here because you were too drunk, I stayed because I was too afraid to go out because I was almost kidnapped" I explained to him.

Please work.

"Ok ok right" Two-bit responded starting to get up.
"Well Darry's gonna be pissed, let's get going".
Dally and I both let out a sigh of relief before walking out the door to leave.
When we got to the Curtis' house it was almost eight so everyone was up.
It was a Saturday, and Soda and Steve didn't have to work.

We walked in the door and Darry rushed over to us.
"Why the hell didn't you come back last night?!" He yelled at us.
A look of sickness suddenly swept over Two-bit's face, so I pushed him into their bathroom and he started to puke.
Everyone else, besides me and Dal, looked disgusted.
"Well-" I began, "Two drank a ton last night and some guy tried to kidnap me, so Dally offered to let me stay at his place because I was too scared to leave after that".
Darry looked mad, but said "ok, I guess that's a reasonable explanation. But call next time! I was so worried".
"Ok" I said, "I'm sorry Darry".
"It's ok kid" he responded and then went to the kitchen.

Once he was gone, Dal and I turned to each other and we had the same look on our faces.

That was close.

I then went to check on Two-bit, who was still throwing up in the bathroom.
Good thing I pushed him in there.
"You good in here?" I asked, and he just nodded and I closed the door.

Soda and Steve were both staring at me, "what? Something on my face?" I joked and Steve chuckled.
"Let's go for a walk before breakfast" Soda said, "the three of us".
"Ok" I said and we went outside.

"So-" Soda said,
"hm?" I asked, knowing he was probably going to ask something I didn't want him to.
"What really happened last night?" he asked.
"I told you" I said growing sort of worried.

We were like three peas in a pod now, and I didn't want them to know that I was lying.

"We know what you told Darry is not what really happened" Steve said, making my heart stop for a second.
"Fine" I admitted, making them both smile a bit. "Two-bit started stripping because he was so drunk, and Dally and I stole his clothes and hid them so he couldn't leave"
They both looked at me in shock,
"Really?" They asked in unison.
"No!" I yelled at them.
"I told you the truth the first time! I can't believe you don't trust me".

I turned around and ran back to the house before they could question me further.
Breakfast still wasn't ready yet, so I sat down next to Dal on the couch.
He put an arm around me, and Soda and Steve walked in a minute after me.
Soda glared at his action, and Dal glared back.
This made me uncomfortable, so I got up and pushed through Steve and Soda, who were still standing in front of the door, and went to the lot.

I sat down in the grass and then I heard someone else sit next to me.
"Soda, what do you want?" I said, knowing it was him.
"Y/n I warned you about Dallas! And what do you do? You keep running back to him! I know what you said about Two is true, but I don't think the Dallas offering you to stay is true. Just tell me what happened!" He said to me getting angry.
He was practically yelling at me now.
"Soda, that's none of your business, you can believe whatever you want" I stood up to walk away, "you sound just like my brother!" I yelled at him, and suddenly broke down crying.

I couldn't keep my emotions in anymore.

Suddenly my body was engulfed in a hug.
"Y/n I'm so so sorry, I lost my temper I didn't mean it. I didn't mean to remind you of your family I'm so sorry, I love you so much".

Wait, what?