11

Y/n POV
"Did you just say you love me?" I asked Soda, and he let go of our hug.
"Oh uh, you know, like how I say to Steve I love you, you know, a friend type of love" he said back.
"Right ok, never mind" I said and stood up, "We better head back now, Steve may be worried and I want breakfast!".
He laughed at my response and we ran back to the house.

Soda POV
Did I just say that!?
Shit shit shit!
Did she notice?

"Did you just say you love me?" She asked me.

Shit, she did notice.   

I let go of our hug and said "Oh uh, you know, like how I say to Steve I love you, you know, a friend type of love".

Wow Soda, real smooth.
That wasn't believable at all.

If I'm being completely honest, I think I like
Y/n, but she doesn't like me.
She likes Dallas.

Of course.

"Right ok, never mind" she said and stood up.

Phew.
That somehow worked.

We ran back to the house together and breakfast was ready, so we all went to eat.
I mean everyone except Two-bit, who was still sick in the bathroom.
When we got to the table Y/n sat between me and Dally, and they kept staring at each other the entire time.
It made me sick.

I got up from the table and walked outside, sitting down on the porch.
I heard someone come outside and I looked up and saw that it was just Steve, and he took a seat next to me.
"Hey Soda" he said,
"Hey" I responded, looking down.
He put his arm around my shoulders, "hey buddy, it's ok. If she wants to be with Dally, there's nothing you can do at this point to stop her. You've warned her, now you're just going to have to let her make her own mistakes " he told me, trying to comfort me.
"Yeah I know, it just sucks" I said looking up at him now.
"I know buddy".

There was silence for a few minutes until Steve said "I'm sorry Soda, you don't deserve this"
"Hey it's ok it's not your fault man".
"We should go check on Two-bit" I said coming up with an excuse and getting up.
I didn't feel like talking about this anymore.
"Sure ok" Steve said and we went inside.
And as he would normally be, Two-bit was sitting on the couch eating cake.
Even after just being sick, this guy can't live without his chocolate cake!

"Hey save me some!" Steve yelled and stole a chunk.
I laughed at them when Y/n told us that she had to go get some stuff and that she'd be back later.

Y/n POV
During breakfast, Soda randomly ran out of the house.
Steve went to follow him, but everyone else kept eating.

He's been acting weird lately, I hope he's ok.

Then I remembered randomly about my precious dog Rat.
How could I have possibly forgotten about him?
I must have been so caught up in my new life that I completely forgot about him.

I miss my Rat.

I hope he's ok at home, I hope he's fed.
I bet he misses me too.

Then I came up with a great idea, I could send a gift box home for Rat! My parents wouldn't get rid of it because they're too cheap to do that.
I'd just have to find a way to remove the return address so they didn't find me.

Steve and Soda came back in, and Two-bit had started eating cake.
He must've felt better already!
Or he's just addicted to cake.

I got up and said "I'll be back later, just getting some stuff!" And ran out the door to go make my box for Rat.
I hoped that the convenience store nearby had dog stuff, I mean why wouldn't they?
I walked in and luckily they did, and I bought a bag of dog food, a couple of toys, and some treats for Rat.
I'm sure he'll love them.

When I got back to the house, Darry, Pony, and Johnny were the only ones there.
I asked Darry if he had a cardboard box and he did, so he gave me it and I put all of the stuff in it and taped it down.
I was writing the address to the apartment when Darry asked "what's this for?".
"Oh this is for my dog on New York. My family doesn't care for him so I'm gonna send stuff to them, I know they'll use it then".
"Oh ok" he said and went back to whatever he was doing, and I put the box in my room and went out to find Soda and Steve.
I went to the Dingo and I saw them inside through the front window.
I walked into the restaurant and waved at Steve, and he looked up and waved for me to come over, so I did and sat next to him.

Both Soda and Steve said hi to me, and Steve asked "So where'd you go earlier?".
"Well back in New York I have a dog and my family doesn't care for him, so I was making a little box with stuff in it to send to them. My parents wouldn't throw it away if I sent it directly to them, so I thought that would be a good idea" I told them and they nodded.

Soda wasn't really talking much, he was acting kind of a weird and it was worrying me.
Steve got up to use the bathroom quick, and I used this opportunity to ask Soda what was wrong.
"What's up with you Soda? You're acting weird, is something bothering you? Is it me? If it is I'm-"
"Y/n, you're fine" Soda said interrupting me.
"It's just-" he began to speak but then stopped,

"I like you".