Nightmare dressed like a day dream part 2

Gumball POV

it’s been about three hours since Marshall’s little declaration of challenge. And all I seem to be able to think about is how accepting the challenge has dug my own grave in more ways than one. If I want to stand a chance against him, i will have to try my best in all the exams and get--dare i say it, glob--get noticed. My whole ‘blend into the background’ plan this year will be totally ruined. In fact, why do i even bother with the notion of fading into the general crowed? This ‘plan’ was ruined long before. I should have never joined the music club. i should have never gave into the stupid push and pull of passions like a boat caught in the tide. Somehow and someway i have gotten myself into this dreaded mess. Gotten? when did such a subpar word get placed in my vocabulary? ‘Gotten’ doesn’t sound very eloquent or graceful at all.

Now i have to dig myself out of it.

Marshall was not making this any easier.

he kept texting me throughout the day. saying things like.

Are you ready for this? (i mean my body)

You know i am going to win right?

I can taste victory

so does Saturday work for you as my victory date.

It made me absolutely and positively mad at him, to the core of the rotten apple. i may be a pacifist , a baker, and a cuddly at heart but I am still had very stubborn princely pride. The more he taunted the more i wanted the exams to start. the last classes were a mess. The students couldn't care less about. Students already had plans of going to the beach after school for the MBSOC kick of jam that was going to take .

whispers where going around the classroom like gunfire in civil war.

“So think i have a chance this year? it would be so dope if i got into the top twenty this year.”

“I wish all the guys would dress this nice every day”

“Did you see that idiot Brandon? he actually tried to look nice today. like he has even a shot at being even considered.”

“Gumball is...actually pretty cute.”

“Too bad he’s gay. ugghhhhh why does humanity hate me.”

“did you see Ashley this morning! her hair looks gorgeous today! i don't even know why i tried.”

“Speaking of hair did you see Fiona’s! i never realized that her hair so long..”

“Marshall is so sexy” not sure if that was a boy or a girl that time.