Nightmare dressed like a day dream part 1

AN: i am so sorry for me not staying with you all and updating this winter. But happy winter to you all (because everyone is included that way). i will stry to update as soon as possible. i am having a hard time writting lately but i will try.

Gumball's POV

The buzz around the school courtyard was electrifying from untapped excitment biult up from weeks of wiating for the event. Students awaited for the friends to arrive to see what they looked like and others waited to catch a glimpse of this years shoo ins for the line up. Fiona and I got many eyes as we walked together. The hush muttering and compliments of her hair. i knew that most looks of course where purely for Fiona. which was good. perhaps i could go through the rest of the day without getting noticed after all. 

That when I received a phone message. Fantastic! I could hide myself inside of my phone as we walked towards our regular table. That way I can distract myself from the arrogant presence of the eyes wound me.

Marshall Lee:

Is it okay if I text you now?

'Is it okay if I text you now' he said. Like the thought of texting me has gone through his mind several times. Like he was asking permission instead of arrogantly decided to do so anyway.

I got another text alert.

Marshall Lee:

I think I am going to just text you ok? Txt me back.

Then added

Please?

Bubbah Gumball:

So we are texting now?

Marshall Lee:

I guess so. U still angry at me?.

Bubbah Gumball:

For letting someone as ignorant as Ashley hurt you? Yes. But other than that...It appears that I have no dislike for you at the moment.

Marshall Lee:

That's good. You didn't dress for MBSOC did you? I am getting a bunch of texts saying that you did.

Bubbah Gumball:

Well it originally was just a sweatshirt. Some old jeans and some boots but Fiona forced a flower crown on my head and it all went downhill from there.

Marshall lee:

Lol. Guess what I gonna wear.

Bubbah Gumball:

Something that screams lumberjack.

Marshall lee:

Ha! No flannel today bro, but I do have on a pretty gnarly cardigan.

Bubbah Gumball:

Are you serious?

frankly I was quite skeptical (that i my platonic love of cardigans could never be denied).

Marshall Lee:

As ebola

It was good that he was joking again, a sign of him feeling much better. There was a picture attached to the text and Marshall indeed have a red cardigan. He did look good in it. Okay okay maybe a little bit more than good with that soft faded band t shirt underneath that I was aching to feel how soft it was and dark jeans that obviously sat low on his hips. If his shirt wasn't there I am sure it would expose at least the top attractive 'v' of his navel. He looked so adorable. I wanted snuggle the day lights out of him and that cardigan. I felt a chunk of-of something get caged in my throat. It made it very hard to swallow.