The Red Curtain

Marshall and me left on them on the rooftop a while ago and we actually completed school with no mishaps. Tons of people apologize to Marshall and me about how they treated us this morning. Surprisingly at the end of thing everything was back to normal. Only  We didn't know what to do until the jam session with the music club so Marshall decided that we should go get something to eat.

"Marshall slow down," I said as he pulled me along by the hand as he flew above the sidewalk. "The food will still be there."

"I need my soul food Gumball or else i just might lose it," He said as he increased his speed even further draggin gumball along with him.  

"You mean french fries," I already knew. It was Marshall's ultimate snake food beside apples.

"Of course i mean french fries."

"Marshall thier just french fries."

"They're not just french fries,"He exclaimed, "They are the Trunks french fries. Mrs. and Mr. Trunk always make them the best."

"Well that i do agree," I chuckled to myself a little. "They make the best food ever."

"That is why we must hurry," He paused for a while. "You know what i think I'll just carry you there."

"W-wait what why?" Before i knew it, Marshall was carrying me to the Trunk's place. And to much of my displeasure, i hid my face in my hands. Why did i ever fall in love with a immortal like him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As i walked out the cafe with my order of two pretzel bun burgers and three orders of large fries i sighed to myself in content. I finally had my soul food and i was very happy myself. We decided that we could eat the food in the club room because i had a key and i did not want to eat in that cramped cafe with those annoying flirtatious waitresses.

I did indeed walk with Gumball back to school and this time slowly taking in the scenery. A tiny, cold breeze was floating in the wind to no surprise and it seemed to coil on gumballs head fluffing strands of his hard left and right ever so slightly. The afternoon light had a yellow hue that was warm to the touch despite the chill from the wind. The timid sun rays danced in gumballs eyes causing the orbs to sparkle with every slight movement.

Gumballs hand was warm against my cold gray skin and i could feel my heart slight thaw from it. I ran my thumb against his skin in a caress in the hold, he only smiled at me. That bubbling fluorescent smile that he has. That smile was finally at me and only me at this exact moment. I could only smile back at him. I had a sensation inside of me that began as a flutter of feather then resided into a relaxed phaze, as if i was in a comfortable allusion. The feeling was rich and thick but it seemed so light on my heart.

"Gumball... the things you do to me," I said looking of into the distance as we approached the school. I let a happy sigh escape from my mouth tha formed a smile.

"That, Marshall Lee, is your own doing. You and all this," he said gesturing with  his hands towards me.

"You just gestured to all of me Gumball," I laughed through my confusion.

"Exactly," Gumball winked at me as he started to chuckle.

"You know now that all this drama is over. I think i should probably do some of my work for school," I questioned myself in my own head. Do homework. Not do homework. School work is so annoying anyway i don't know why i should do it. Then again if i fail i won't be in the same classes as Gumball anymore. I kinda don't want that to happen. I know it sounds very sappy, as in highschool girl crush stupid, but i like seeing him talk in his nerdy talk, it's rather cute sometimes. There you go again Marshall thinking those sugar coated thoughts about him again.