Merlot

Gumball's P.O.V.

Recently I've been leaving majority of the house lights on. And I got a new alarm system installed. I close all of the blinds. I change with my desktop computer off and in the bathroom. I showered with my phone by the sink. Fiona called it paranoia,

Or was it just cautiousness? I was being cautious. The police officers told me so. So what if I was working more lately? I was just being more productive and efficient. Right?

I stood next to peppermint maid in 'business casual' wear in the entryway of the kitchen. I was proud of the fact that I could find something that wasn't pink in my closet to wear for today. Today was important. Today my father and my sister was coming home.

Not only were they both coming home but they were going to sit down and eat dinner at the exact same time in the exact same room. Everything needed to be perfect for optimum success this evening. So I made my father's favorite roast with my sisters favorite seasoning, with fresh butternut squash I bought from the farmer's market this morning. Both of the wines that my father was prone to drinking favorably, were on the table. I helped peppermint maid clean the entire house myself. Cookie jars were filled and the kitchen was aired out. I even lit the candles in the bathrooms, something my sister always does when she gets home.

I kept fidgeting with my hands. Hopefully it's my sister that arrives first so that I can give her some warning to fathers agenda. Then again I'd rather not because she'll want to ask questions about Marshall. She hasn't asked anything about our relationship since that morning because i have yet to allow an opportunity for her to do so. She isn't very happy about that.

However, she needs to know that this isn't going to be a typical and happy family dinner. Mom wasn't here, her return had been delayed by a sister city project in China. When father called for a family dinner when mother wasn't home you knew that he meant business and only business. The last time that we had a dinner like this he told Bonnie she wasn't allowed to take over the company despite her having the passion and the initiative. He also scolded her on sexuality, with a side of 'while we're at it let's scare the gay out of Gumball too'. It didn't go well. In fact Bonnie left the house and moved. She still continued with her individual projects with the company but father reduced the amount of projects she was allowed to interact and lead. Only a third of the rate of work she was previously doing. He put it her work on me instead on top of my amount. He considered it good hier training.

This would be the first time that they would meet face to face in over a year. One had to be prepared, which is why i removes all of the vases in the dining room.

Suddenly the doorbell ring and I had almost fell to the ground. I straightened my clothes and hair before answering the door. I turned the doorknob slowly, counting the intervals of my breath. Then i opened the door.

"Oh thank glob it's you ,Ni," I breathed out running my hands down my face. "I thought you were Father."

She smiled brightly as ever. "You can say that again," she pulled into a hug. she was taller than me but only marginally so. We looked alike, to the point that when we were kids people often got us confused with one another, Bonnie had always been a bit more stubborn, a bit more smarter, and far more regal than I was. I liked baking and making treats, sure, but Bonnie was the chemistry master mind. There wasn't a formula she couldn't solve. Father of course refused to see that.

She looked stunning in her pale pink dress. She looked allot like our mother too, which probably bothers father to no end.

"Hello ,Pepper. How are you?"

"Terrible! This little father visit of yours is taking ample time from my necromancy reading. I'm already a couple issues behind."

"Well i'm sorry about that. I'll try to make the dinner as brief as possible." And i knew she would too.