The Beginning of a Family 2

AN: I do not own Naruto of the pictures. The general head canon belongs to whoever came up with it first and I apologize if the plot feels familiar. Please no hate but I am open to criticism. I have no beta.
Naruto's eyes snapped open as the hand was about to touch him. Kakashi took his mask off seeing the frightening sight of ANBU operatives. He spoke gently to the child. Soothing nothings until the little kit calmed down. The little child was still shivering so Kakashi unsealed a red scarf with one hand and Naruto managed to pull himself up much like a one year old just starting to learn. Naruto didn't know what was going on but the nice man wrapped a warm scarf around him and placed an extra mask the man carried on his face. He cried because he didn't understand what was going on. Dog was gentle and told Naruto what he was doing, almost as if he was trying to help a wild animal that was injured. Naruto felt strong arms holding him close. It felt safe and he fell asleep as Cat and Dove healed him as much as humanly possible.
He looked so little, barely even looked to be a year old. The ANBU made the decision to inform the Hokage of Naruto's survival, but made it clear that he would have a false identity if it came to that and the villagers remembered him. The Hokage's agreement only came with certain conditions. Naruto, the villagers did not know his name, would be revealed as Minito and Kushina's son. The cover story of why he was not in the Village would be worked out later. He was to be treated like a hero, a child, a junior member of the ANBU, and trained to his fullest potential. He would be protected above the mission. The ANBU were to put their teammates above the mission. Naruto was to remain faceless to the public until the Hokage said so. Lord Third also made it so that Naruto would never be taken lawfully from the ANBU.
Dog nodded as he continued to cradle the little boy, who had fallen asleep, and gently swayed side to side. The sight would soon be a common one in Kohana but Lord Third knew he would not be able to see the boy for a while. This fact almost broke the old man's heart. After all, it was the safest place for the Honorable Son of Lord Fourth. He would announce it in a week's time. The ANBU flickered away to their HQ, appearing in the dining hall. Naruto was still asleep but was waking up a little, cuddling the scarf like a stuffed toy. His other hand was wrapped around some fabric of Kakashi's ANBU outfit. Almost everyone was cooing at how adorable the little child was. Naruto panicked a little until Kakashi rested the boy on his hip and took his mask off. The action encouraged most of the others to remove their masks.
It was Anko, Snake, that distracted the child with her summons under the careful watch of Kakashi, as Dragon caught everybody up to speed.
Most of them left to get the supplies that they would need to raise a child, homeschool, and train their youngest member whether it be medical to diapers. When the operatives returned, it was Weasel (a Huugya that would die in a year) who convinced Kakashi to learn how to bathe the child. Kakashi found that it was harder than he thought. He succeeded in the end though. The diaper was also tricky. The fox onesie with ears and a tail was adorable on the little kit.
He and many of the other ANBU who were either young or single were acting like new parents which made perfect sense and there were a bunch of them with cameras taking pictures or the adorable little kit to give to everyone so that they could carry pictures of their little kit wherever they went. After all, he was legally all of their son, Kakashi being the named guardian.
Almost all the members watched as Naruto had his first bath and celebrated as the sleepy child, with a clean diaper that fit him and cleaner than he had ever been, was fed a bottle with a special milk and nutrition mix that the Snake Sannin, a loyal ANBU along with the other Sannin who were on long term missions outside of the village) had made for Naruto and some mashed sweet potatoes with cinnamon. He was full for the first time in his life. Naruto now had over a couple hundred parents that would become overprotective of him. He yawned as he was passed around, the ANBU whispering things such as "You're safe now", "I promise to protect you from as much harm as possible", "You're safe and sound here in your new home", and "ANBU means family".
The last was his favorite, although he didn't know what family or home meant. He just soaked up the positive attention and trusted them easily as their chakra said the people were telling the truth. He fell asleep and was placed in a special crib that could be moved without waking and sound would not bother the kit once the seal was activated. Naruto slept peacefully through the loudest party the ANBU had. After all, how many times were they allowed to bring children here? The answer was never. Everyone eventually went to their rooms to sleep but kept an ear open to hear if Naruto, sleeping in the crib placed in team 54's quarters (Kakashi's team), needed anything.