Chapter 19

The next morning, Teddy woke me up. I quickly got dressed and hopped into the car with Teddy. We quietly drove to his workplace. Teddy parked the car and sighed. I looked at him and waited for him to get out.

"Do you want me to go with you?" he asked. I debated this for a minute. I finally shook my head.

"No; then they'll know where I'm staying," I realized. I opened the door and walked inside the building. I remembered that his office was on the top floor. I took the elevator all the way up. I knocked lightly on his office door. He had the largest office in the building. No answer. I knocked again. Again, there was no answer. I opened the door a crack to see if anyone was there. My mouth dropped. My eyes popped. I opened the door a little more and snapped a picture on my phone. I needed proof because I didn't believe it right now myself. Dad was there, and so was his 23 year old assistant, Kristen. They were in chairs behind his massive desk. She was moaning softly. Her hair fell back in a blonde curtain. His hands were running up and down her sides. He was kissing her chest sloppily. Dad's hair was wild about his head. His navy blue dress shirt was unbuttoned. I snapped a few more before I opened the door all the way and watched silently. Neither one of them saw me. I put my phone up and walked a little closer. Anger surged through me. All I could think about was mom. A tear escaped my eye; and more followed.

"How could you?" I asked, choking back sobs. They looked over to me shocked. Kristen quickly grabbed her shirt and put it on. My face was still molded with anger. Dad moved from behind his desk and walked slowly towards me.

"Leana, what are you doing here?" he asked still shocked.

"If you must know, I was coming to give you a chance to explain yesterday, but I don't care anymore. How could you do this to mom?!" I yelled back. His hand touched my shoulder.

"Leana wait-" he started.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled, jerking away from him. I took a step away from him. He moved around me and closed the door. I glared at Kristen. She quickly looked down and blushed. Dad turned back to me.

"Leana, wait," he tried again. He held his hands out as if to stop me. "You don't understand."

"What's there to understand?" You're cheating on mom! And my guess is that this wasn't the first time," I yelled flailing my arms once. His mouth shut and he looked down at the floor. My voice came a little lower. "That's what I thought." I roughly pushed past him and turned the door knob.

"Please don't tell Amy," he said freezing me at the door. I turned my head to look at him.

"You're pathetic," I breathed. I walked out and stormed into the elevator. He watched me regretfully. I ran out to the car and slammed the door behind me. I knew my eyes were red-rimmed. I looked straight forward out the window and kept my mouth shut. Teddy was confused. I pulled up the pictures I took inside and simply showed them to him. He quietly started the car and drove off. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even realize where he drove to. I looked up to see that we were at my house.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He faced me and smiled sadly.

"You need to tell her," he said barely above a whisper. I shook my head and leaned back against the door. Fresh tears stung my eyes. "Leana, you have to before she hears it from somewhere else. Or if he continues this longer and she'll be even more hurt."

"I can't be the one to tell her. No Teddy, no," I said hoarsely.

"You have to," he argued.

"I can't be the one to break her heart," I practically yelled. He was quiet. He understood that. Tears spilled over my cheeks. He wiped a few away quietly. I sighed and looked down at my stomach.

"She needs to know the truth; that much she deserves," he said softly. I nodded. Mom did deserve to know the truth. I turned to open the door. Teddy held my arm. "Wait." I stopped and turned back to him. His lips pressed against mine. My eyes fluttered closed. I leaned into the kiss gratefully. His hand came onto my cheek as he deepened the kiss. His other hand came around my waist. The kiss was meaningful. It was passionate. My breathing sped up. He grinned slightly against my lips. He backed off a bit, lingering at my lips. I wanted more, but I knew I had other things to do right now.

"Why did you do that?" I whispered out of breath.

"Because I don't know when I will be allowed to kiss you like that again," he answered seriously. I crushed my lips against his again. He stopped me a few seconds later. He kissed my forehead before I opened the door and made my way inside. Mom was sitting on the couch with a box of tissues. Her eyes were red and puffy. Heather was comforting her. Denver was in the single seat. His elbows were resting on his knees; his head was in his hands. They looked up at me when I walked through the door. Mom immediately threw her arms around me. Denver walked over and waited to get his turn. It didn't look like he would get a turn. Mom was holding on to me like I came back from the dead.

"Honey we were so worried about you," she cried. "Where have you been?" I bit my lip and looked down at my stomach.

"I was at a friend's house," I mumbled quickly. "Mom, you should sit down, I have to tell you something." She sat down, but she was confused.

"What's this about Leana?" she asked. Denver kissed my forehead quickly before he sat next to my mom. I sighed and started twiddling my fingers.

"Mom, Dad's... cheating on you," I looked up at her shocked face. "I saw him earlier today. He was having an affair in his office." She looked angry at me. He face turned bright red. She stood up.

"No; stop lying. This is uncalled for," she yelled. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I handed her the phone. She saw the picture and dropped the phone. She gasped and stumbled down on to the couch. She didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry Mommy," I whispered. I pulled her into a hug. She shook her head. There was a knock on the door. Heather let them in. Teddy walked in a few moments later. One look at the scene told him that I already told her the truth.

"Amy, are you okay?" he asked unsurely. She sat up and wiped her eyes. She nodded and stood up.

"Yes, I'll just... I'll just be in my room if anyone needs me," she said hoarsely. She quickly retreated to her room. Denver looked at Teddy confused.

"How did you know what was going on?" Denver asked standing. I quickly cut in.

"I texted him before I got here," I lied. He seemed okay, but not convinced, with the answer. Teddy sat on a couch. He watched me nonchalantly as Denver made an effort to hold my hand. I allowed him to, but I didn't really care for it. Denver was a little uncomfortable about Teddy. It was quiet as Heather moved to the kitchen to make lunch.

"Teddy," Denver said a little unsurely. I watched him carefully to see if I would have to cut in. Denver sighed and looked at Teddy thoughtfully. "I'm... sorry for losing it when I saw you here last time. Leana told me why you were actually here." I smiled slyly. I knew Denver was just trying to make amends, but I knew he couldn't care less. Teddy smiled and shrugged.

"It's okay," he accepted. "I was wrong to move in on your girl. It's my fault." Teddy winked at me when Denver wasn't paying attention. I smiled and looked down at my stomach. I placed my hand on my stomach and blushed. There was a calming silence in the air. Something Denver said reminded me of something.

"Are you still leaving?" I asked curiously. I didn't want him to, but if he did, I would just have to deal with it.