Chapter 6

We finally reached the Summit. As we expected, there was snow everywhere. It was truly a winter wonderland. The ski lift was in view from where we stood. We could also see the lodge where we would be staying. It was huge. I checked us in and we went to our rooms. The guys were in a room across the hall from us. After everyone was situated in their rooms, we met in the downstairs lobby. I sat next to Denver and swung my legs over his.

"We have two options here. We can go skiing and we have to be back here in about two hours, or we can rest up and ski all day tomorrow," I explained. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. They all agreed to go tomorrow. We parted at our rooms and got ready for bed. I took a long hot shower. It was cold outside, but very warm and cozy inside the lodge. I put on a green tank top and some black cheer shorts. There was a knock at our door when Sydney, Ashley and I settled down to watch a movie. I sighed and opened the door. I smiled when I saw Denver. He looked at me, and then quickly averted his eyes. He looked at me sheepishly.

"I have to show you something," he smiled. He interlocked his fingers in mine and led me up the staircase.

"Where are we going?" I laughed. He just laughed and kept going up the stairs. We finally emerged through a door and into a star filled room. I gasped. It was beautiful. "How did you find this?" I looked around. It was a big room on the rooftop with glass for walls and a ceiling. It was surprisingly toasty. I laughed and hugged him.

"I was just looking around and I found this place. You can only get here by stairs though," he said. I sat down on a blanket that was set out on the middle of the floor. I laid back and looked at the stars. He laid down next to me. I smiled and sighed. Careful so that my eyes stayed on the stars, I rested my head on his chest and curled my feet under me. We sat in silence for a long time; just admiring the stars.

"Amber?" he said quietly. I murmured an acknowledgment. "I love you." He said. I looked into his gray eyes and sat up on my elbow.

"You don't mean that," I said lying back down. He sat up on his elbow this time. He looked in my eyes and placed his hand on the side of my face.

"You're wrong," he said. I looked away from his eyes. "Look at me. I have never, in my life, loved someone enough to want them to be mine. I wish you would believe me." I looked back into his eyes. He was dead serious. A smile played at the corner of my lips. My hand rested on his cheek and I kissed him. When we pulled away, he laid back down.

"Honestly though, I feel the same way. I normally don't bother to make any relationships because all I do is move the next year," I told him. He sighed and put his arm around me.

"I hope you don't move again," he said after a while. I turned over on my side and kissed his cheek. He smiled and turned over on his side as well. He gently pressed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes and smiled. We weren't looking at the stars anymore. How easy it was for me to get carried away.

~

I yawned and slowly opened my eyes. I was greeted by the bright sunlight. I shot up and looked over at Denver. I checked his watch. It was three in the afternoon. I sighed and started to untangle my hair with my fingers. After continuing this to no prevail, I sat up on my elbow next to Denver. I ran my fingers across his chest. I gently kissed his chin. His eyes started to flutter. He reminded me much of a young child. I smiled and kissed his cheek. His eyes opened. H saw me and smiled.

"Good morning," he smiled. I laughed at his child-like face.

"Actually, the correct phrase would be, good afternoon. It's almost four o'clock," I corrected. A worried crease formed in between his eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

"We missed most of the day. We didn't get to go skiing today," he explained. "The others don't know where we are." I laughed at him.

"Let them guess," I smiled and eagerly brought my lips to his. His lips formed into a smile against mine. He pulled away.

"We should at least head to the rooms; just in case they come back in early," he suggested. I poked my bottom lip out and crossed my arms. He laughed and kissed my chin. I smiled and we both went downstairs. He walked me to my room and then went to his room. I took a long hot shower and dressed in a black v-neck t-shirt and my pink cheer shorts. I brushed through my hair and put it up in a damp, messy bun. I met up with Denver in the guys' room an hour later. Since we were already too late to do anything with the rest if the group, we decided to watch a movie in his room. I laid on my side on the bed. We went with a Midsummer's Nights Dream. He sat behind me. I smiled lightly to myself. He slung his arm around my shoulder. I closed my eyes and sighed. We heard laughter outside of the door. The door opened and the laughter poured into the room. The guys stumbled into the room and saw Denver and me. My eyes were still closed and my head was resting on my outstretched arm. They whispered a laugh. Denver's arm was removed. I opened my eyes and sat up. The guys picked Denver up and were tackling him on the other bed. I laughed and fixed my bun.

"Can I have my boyfriend back please?" I laughed. They threw him back down on the bed and laughed. I smiled and kissed him. They whistled and sat in between us. I sighed and stood up.

"I'll be in my room," I smiled pointing toward the door. They laughed and tackled Denver. I pulled my hair out the bun. I ran my fingers through my hair and crossed the hall to my room. The girls were giggling on the floor. The looked up at me and laughed harder.

"We missed you and Denver on the slopes today," Sydney smiled. I blushed bright red.

"Yeah, sorry; I, umm... slept in," I tried to explain without giving away too much. They giggled. I sighed and crawled under the covers in the bed. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. There was a knock at the door moments later. The girls shushed whoever it was. I heard a muffled laugh. I realized that it was Denver. I felt his lips kiss my forehead.

"I know you're not asleep," he whispered in my ear so that only I could hear him. A smiled started to pull up the corners of my mouth. He gave a soft chuckle and kissed my forehead again. I suppressed a laugh. After he left I heard Sydney and Ashley giggling about Denver and me.

"They're so cute together!" Ashley said. "He's so sweet and romantic. I wonder what happened last night." Ashley said. Sydney laughed.

"We all know what happened last night," Sydney replied. "But you are right. He is really sweet. He's perfect for her." I tuned out after this. They were right; he was perfect for me.