Chapter 10

I sighed and sat back. I played with a piece of my hair. The silence was becoming uncomfortable. I stood and went up to my room. I opened an empty journal and started to write in it.

March 21st, 2010

Denver is here. He finally met my parents. The baby is two months now. I really want a girl. My stomach is going to be very noticeable soon. I want to be able to wish that the Summit never happened, but I can't. I don't regret anything. I don't regret that night, and I don't regret being pregnant. It will be hard, I know this, but I know this will all work out. The only person who doesn't seem to care is Dad. He's more worried about how the bad publicity it's bringing to their movie.

I've ignored calls from reporters and such; I'll create a conference later. But for now, I'm ignoring the public. It's been a while since I've seen Teddy. I wouldn't want to upset Denver by bringing him here, but I miss my best friend I'm sure he'll understand. I'll arrange to take Coco to the park tomorrow and meet him there with Denver. I'm not keeping any more secrets from him. I owe him that much. He's been so helpful; he hasn't left like I thought he would when he found out I was pregnant. I just hope nothing goes wrong. I already don't have full control over my emotions. I realized that no matter what happens, I will never stop loving Denver.

I closed my journal when I heard a knock at the door. I put my journal under my pillow and sat up.

"Come in," I answered. It was Denver. He stood near the door. "I don't bite." I smiled and patted the seat next to me. He sat next to me.

"I really want us to go back to the way we were," he said. I smiled sadly and shook my head.

"We can't," I sighed softly. "We can never go back to the way it was. I'm not Amber, but she is a part of me. I wish we could too, but it's too late. Too many things have changed, but we can still try." I said. He gently kissed my forehead. I smiled and watched him walk to the door.
"I'm across the hall if you need anything," he smiled. I nodded. Coco ran in and jumped on the bed. I laughed as her tail wagged. She curled up beside me and fell asleep. I sighed and pet her until I fell asleep.

~

Two days later in the morning, Denver and I went to the park with Coco like I planned. And as instructed by me last time, Teddy was there as well.

"Hi Teddy," I smiled. He smiled and hugged me before he reached over and shook Denver's hand. Both had no idea what was going on. "Teddy, this is Denver; Denver, this is Teddy." Denver looked a bit uncomfortable.

"So you're the guy that got my best friend pregnant," Teddy joked breaking the ice. Denver gave a forced smile. I placed my hand on his arm. The tension loosed a bit. "I'm just messing with you. I'm Leana's friend. We've been friends ever since I can remember." We all walked at a strolling pace to the picnic table. The kids were all playing on the playground. I let Coco go free in the puppy park. Denver was still pretty tense when he sat down. I wrapped my arm under his and leaned my head over on his shoulder mostly to calm him down.

"Oh, okay, nice to meet you," he forced. I rubbed his arm softly. Teddy started a conversation with Denver to try and make him a little more comfortable. About ten minutes later, he was. Teddy suddenly turned his attention to me.

"So let me get this straight Leah. You get to go and create your own life for yourself and you go get knocked up?" he asked seriously. I could feel the heat rush into my cheeks. I looked down at the table as my lips turned into a frown.

"It's not like that Teddy," I answered softly. "It was an accident. We didn't mean for it to happen. And I had hoped that I could stay there without anyone noticing me until Senior Year."

"It's not like accidents don't happen, but at least if you were going to make this mistake, it could've been where everyone knows who you really are," he replied. Did he mean that it should've happened in here? Denver must have came to the same conclusion as me because he started to tense up again. I started to rub his arm again.

"Teddy, not now, please?" I asked. He sighed and smiled.

"Sorry," he apologized. "I was just saying, why do you want to keep your name a secret?" I sighed and rolled my eyes. Teddy was the famous kid who enjoyed being the famous kid. He liked all the attention and fame. He couldn't see why anyone would want to keep the spotlights off of them.

"I wanted to know if people liked me for me, or if it was my last name," I answered easily. He eyed Denver suspiciously.

"When did Denver find out you were pregnant?" he asked.

"After I came here, why?" I asked curiously.

"How do you know that he's not just staying with you because of your money?" he smiled slyly.

"Because I loved her before I even knew who she was!" Denver yelled. He quieted a bit. "I loved her after I knew who she was. I loved her on the Summit trip. I loved her when she wouldn't tell me what was wrong. I wanted her back when she left. I loved her when I found out she was pregnant, and I will love her for years to come." I watched Denver stand and turned on his heels. He walked back to the house.