Dick clenched his fists, which were shaking. He hated being treated like he was nothing more than a weak, little kid who couldn't take care of himself. Wally stopped next to him on his way out, wrapping him in one last hug. "You be careful, okay?" "I will be. You stay safe. I'm sure a fair fight will present itself eventually."

Dick watched as the guild hall cleared out, each departing person making his anger rise more. Just because they could do a few tricks didn't mean they were better than him. If anything, he would be stronger once he got his magic. He actually had to work to defeat magical beings without any magic of his own, something they didn't have. He'd be able to take them down easily.

"Why are you so eager to join in the fighting? I would've thought a boy your age would want to avoid that." Gramps asked as he started wrapping one wizard's arm. "I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines. Ever since my dad adopted me, I've been treated like a kid who can't take care of myself. I'm thirteen! I can fight just fine." "Fighting against magic is difficult, even for other wizards." "I've done it before, and I'll do it again." "You heard Erza. You're to stay here." "I can handle myself." "Not against them."

"He's right, you know. You can't do much against us." A voice called. Dick flipped over the strings shot at him, landing behind a table. "Who are you?" Gramps asked. "We're here to grab a little kid. I think we've found him." "Leave him alone. He has nothing to do with you." "He's our contract. I know you'll understand why we have to take him!"

Dick slipped over the magic strings again, landing in front of another wizard. There had to be at least ten of these guys! "C'mere, kid." He slid under their arm, knocking their feet out from under them. That was one down. Now to avoid the rest. Maybe he should run and hide. Then again, they could probably sense his magical energy.

Dick dodged a sword flying towards his face, looking around to see how many wizards were there. Thanks to their brightly colored hair, it was easy to tell them apart. Five, ten, fifteen...twenty wizards. Well, nineteen, if you didn't count the unconscious one.

"Mirajane, get them out of here. You should probably go too." Gramps ordered, standing next to Dick. "They'll sense my magic energy. I think that's how they followed the others. No matter where I go, they'll track me. Might as well finish it here." "If you insist."

Dick leapt to avoid a lightning strike, knocking two wizard's heads together. They both collapsed, one on top of the other. "Stop playing! He's a powerless kid. How hard is it for you to catch a child?" "About as hard as it is for you to shut up." Dick snapped, kicking the wizard in the stomach.

"You have great skill." Gramps exclaimed over the shouting wizards. "Not my first rodeo with wizards." Dick shot back. "Remind me to get you to teach classes." "Will do, once we get out of this." "You won't be going anywhere!" "I'll be going somewhere I don't have to see your ugly face."

"They're out, Gramps!" Mirajane called. "Good. I think that's our cue." "To do what?" "Regroup with the others." "Sounds good to me." "Can you get out the door?" "Yeah. Just gotta avoid all the spells." "Then move."

Dick ran around the wizards, flipping around to dodge the magic flying around. It was frustrating, considering there were a lot more of them than there were of him. It was fine, though. He'd make it through. He always made it through.

Dick had just gotten through the door when something hit him in the back. Electricity seized his body, filling every nerve with pain. Hands gently grabbed his arms, pulling him to his feet. "C'mon, just a little farther." Mirajane urged him forward.

Dick limped along, leaning heavily on Mirajane. It was getting hard to hold his body up, and every muscle in his body seemed to be rebelling against him. The electricity had drained him, big time. He needed to rest, but he couldn't stop yet. He had to get away first.