This is for you

Figured y'all might wanna know how the doctor scheme played out

Dick pulled Wally inside of their base, practically crushing him in a hug. "Are you okay? Tell me you're okay." "I'm okay, Dickie. Nobody saw me. How are you? How long have you been binding?" "I haven't today. What were you thinking? You could've been captured!" "I wanted to give a gift to my baby boy. Is that so wrong?" "When it almost costs you getting caught by the Bat? Yeah! I don't want to be separated because you tried to do something for me." 

Wally kissed Dick's cheeks, wiping away the tears that had formed. "Don't worry about that. Don't you want to know what I got you?" "...A little." "You told me you wanted top surgery and to get your tubes tied, but you haven't because you don't want  your blood to be used to identify. Is that correct?" Dick nodded. "Well, I've got a surprise. Put on your mask real quick." Dick pulled it out of his pocket, slipping it over his eyes. "Alright, boys, bring em in!"

Two burly men pulled a doctor and a nurse in, sitting them on the couch. Their hands were tied and they were blindfolded, and Dick felt a rush of glee inside of him. "Darling, meet Transitional Surgeon Dr Helling and his assistant, Nurse Bensing. They'll be the ones performing your surgery." Dick laughed, wrapping his arms around Wally's neck. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" "No need to thank me, Dickie. You go get cleaned up. We're starting as soon as we can. Take these two to the med-bay and tell them their assignment. If all goes well, they'll be back home in no time."

Wally walked into the med-bay about fifteen minutes later, grinning at the two medical professionals. "Hello, gentlemen." "What do you want with us?" Dr Helling asked. "I assume they told you your assignment?" "Yes, but two surgeries back to back?" "We don't have a lot of time here. You do the first one, wait a day, then do the second one. You give me care instructions, then you're home. Although, depending on how long he takes to heal, you may not have to keep it a secret for long." "What are you talking about?" "Until he is able to function alone, you cannot tell anyone. Try, and you'll die. Once he's able to walk around and care for himself, I'll allow you to go to the police."

"Why would you do that? What do you have to gain?" "I have a special message for Detective Harvey Bullock. So, the sooner he heals, the sooner you can tell Harvey I want to meet. Understand?" Dr Helling nodded. "Good. You have your equipment, and you have your sedatives. You also have blood, which matches his blood type. He hasn't had any fluids for the past three hours, and he's been keeping himself clean for six days. No food since yesterday. If he dies, you die too. Got it?" Helling and Bensing both nodded. 

Wally stood at the edge of the room as they put Dick under, watching careful for any signs of escape. They started with the top surgery, since that was the one Wally was most familiar with. The surgery took about two hours, and Helling knew the clock was ticking. This had to be a quick, yet efficient surgery. Any mistake might get them killed. He knew the redhead had several knives on him, and he was sure the men outside the room were armed too. There was no safe way of escape.

Helling finally stepped back. "The first surgery is done. He needs to lay still for about an hour before being moved to a bed. He should wake up in about three hours or so." "The surgery?" "Went well. He'll make a full recovery from this one. It's the second I'm more concerned about." "Oh? And why is that?" "He will be weak when it starts, making his chances of survival slimmer. If you wish for him to heal properly, he needs at least three days before the next one." "You would rather extend your stay than go home?" "I wish to go home, but I do not wish to see the patient die."

Wally smirked. "Fine. You'll do the second surgery in four days. Take em to separate cells." Helling and Bensing let the burly men take them away, allowed their wrists to be bound again. Helling sat down on the bench as Bensing kicked a wall. "What the hell were you thinking? We could've been out of here in three days. But no, you had to make us stay here longer." He growled.

"You see a longer sentence for us. I see something else." "What? What could you see that wound possibly make you want to stay here longer?" "I see a couple so desperate for a service that sounds be available to all that they are willing to commit crime." "Do you even know who those two are? They're some of the most dangerous criminals, and you just put us right in their hands!" "All the more reason to wish him a safe recovery. Who knows what harm will come if he dies? I do not intend to make that happen." "And if he does?" "Then Allah help us all."

Wally pulled a chair up to Dick's bed, gently grabbing his hand. Dick's breathing was soft, barely heard over the screeching heart monitor. He was pale, but he looked...relieved. Wally supposed it was because he got some weight off of his chest, quite literally. One that had haunted him for years. "You feel better, baby? Did they take the pain away?" Wally whispered. Nothing but the screaming heart monitor answered. Wally hadn't expected anything to.

After a very long hour in the med-bay, Wally moved Dick to their bedroom, gently tucking him in. He'd also piled pillows up behind him, to keep him sitting up. He woke up four hours later, groggy but happy. Wally had sat next to him as tears welled up, the word "flat" repeatedly trailing from his mouth. Wally managed to get Dick to down a bottle of water afterwards, so no water was lost. He kept flitting in and out of consciousness through the day, but Wally knew he already felt much better.

Dick was much better the second day, able to truly be awake and interact with others. He was snappy when anyone other than Wally tried to move him. Said it fucking hurt like hell, and he wasn't trying to tear his skin apart. Wally simply chuckled, pressing kisses to Dick's forehead and snuggling him closer. His little birdie was strong, even after going through surgery.

It didn't last for long, though. Four days later, he was back in the med-bay, going under again for his second surgery. Wally watched just as closely this time, hand ready to reach for his knives at any second. Helling seemed invested in the surgery, but Bensing seemed reluctant. Like he was planning something. Wally didn't like that. It was too dangerous. He was too close to Dick for Wally to save him.

A little over an hour later, Helling nodded. "We're done." "All the way? You have everything you started with?" Helling nodded. Everything is accounted for. I would advise at least two weeks if rest before he tries to do anything. I don't have the right medication to give him, otherwise I'd say less time." Wally nodded. "Once you two get cleaned up, you'll be escorted out. We'll be in contact again. If either of you tell anyone before I tell you, nobody will find you. Understood?" Both nodded this time. Neither wanted to face those knives.

After being given more thorough instructions, Wally sat next to Dick. Helling walked over. "What? You're free to go." "I just want to say I'm sorry you have to go to these lengths." Wally shrugged. "It's the life. We knew we wouldn't be able to go to hospitals anymore." "Because we would have your DNA. What about fake identities?" "Then people will know how we look. We can't risk it, especially not now." "I sincerely hope he recovers. He should make a full recovery if he rests correctly, but something may happen between now and then. I know your life is unpredictable."

Wally chuckled. "Yeah. Go get cleaned up. I'm sure your son is worried." "How is he?" "He's fine. My guys kept an eye on him, made sure he had what he needed. He's a good kid." "Thank you. I did my best after his mother left." "If you ever need help, just use the number I'll contact you with. I know a thing or two about absent mothers." "Thank you."

Dick had no problem voicing his displeasure after he woke up. Nobody but Wally could get close to Dick, and like hell was anyone else touching him. He was tired and sore, which made for a cranky acrobat. Wally didn't mind, though. Dick had just been through two surgeries, so it was reasonable for him to be aggravated. On top of that, they didn't have the right painkillers, so he was feeling it full force. Wally knew he'd get better, though. 

Due to recent developments, I am moving my stories to Ao3. I will update on both platforms if possible,  but I'll be there. I'm still going by the same name, and I'm still  here, but I figured I'd let y'all know.