A prince and his servant 2

Life was good in Carulia. Wally was now king, and had quickly made a law declaring that abuse of any kind was illegal, and would result in banishment. Rudolph assumed the law didn't apply to him, but quickly found himself kicked out of the kingdom.

Dick had decided to remain as a servant. Despite knowing he might be a chief, he liked the calm life he had. He knew it would change when he and Wally got married, but for now, it was calm. He was allowed to love Wally as he wished without consequences. The only change was that he now lived in Wally's room, and everyone saw how much happier the servant was for it.

A few months after Wally's coronation, a foreign king contacted him. He wanted to make a treaty, and was hoping to come to Carulia for a few days. Wally agreed, wanting as many kingdoms to ally with them as possible. Dick was happy for Wally, seeing his reign succeed so far.

Dick had been standing beside Wally when the King and his Knights arrived. "Welcome to Carulia. I'm King Wally." "King Alfor. Pleased to be here. This is Baro, Ulric, and Sadon. They are new Knights, and are learning what it means to be one." "I'm sure the Knights here will love to give them a few tips. This is Dick, my servant. If anyone needs anything, just call him and he can help."

"No last name?" "I don't know where I'm from, Sire. The Knights here rescued me from the forest when I was young. My village was attacked, and I was the only one to survive. Carulia has been my home since I was four, but I have had no clues as to my last name. I would go back and search, but I don't know where it is. The Knight that saved me passed in battle years ago. Unless I'm brought back, I might never know my last name." Dick told them, surprised at the shocked looks.

"You have no idea?" "No, Sire. But I'm fine not knowing. I prefer being called Dick anyway." "Why don't you show the Knights to their rooms, and I'll show King Alfor to his? Try not to freak them out." Wally put a hand on Dick's shoulder. He nodded. "Right this way."

Dick felt uneasy alone with the knights. Something just struck him as odd. He could hear them whispering, and chills crept down his spine. He wanted someone else with him.

"These are your rooms. Call for me if you need anything." Dick directed them to three rooms, which were reserved for Knights of any royal guests. They each took a room, closing the door behind them.

Dick sighed, walking back towards the throne room. He felt better, being away from the Knights. He'd been alone with strangers before, and they'd never given him that feeling. Maybe he was nervous for the wedding? Yeah, that had to be it.

Dick entered the throne room to see Wally talking with King Alfor. "Come here, Dick." Wally said gently, smiling at him. Dick walked next to Wally, glancing up at Alfor. "It's alright. He won't hurt you. Our previous King had a habit of hurting his subjects, so our people are nervous around new Kings. If you feel any hesitance from our people, it is because they are trying to heal from King Rudolph." Wally explained, grabbing Dick's hand.

"I understand. Two Kings ago in Tohamar, he would kill anyone he believed to be magical, including a caravan of Gypsies that came through. The people feared his wrath, and were relieved when the new king overthrew him. It took a few years for them to heal. I understand completely." Alfor smiled.

Wally and Alfor talked for a while, Dick occasionally chiming in. He felt comfortable around Alfor, but being around the Knights scared him. He didn't mention this, deciding to wait until they got to their room.

Dick sighed as the door closed, sitting on the bed. "Is everything alright?" Wally asked, sitting next to him. "It's those Knights. I don't know what it is, but I don't feel comfortable being alone with them. I've never felt that way around strangers, besides Alzather. I didn't want to say anything and ruin our chance of creating the treaty, but they scare me. I don't know why." Dick told him, shivering as he thought of the Knights again.