Concussion

Any one shot from here forward, unless stated otherwise, are going to be set before John and Adam. I feel like I didn't write enough of their relationship before, and I plan to do that now. If you want to see John and Adam, send me requests.

The first thing Dick registered was that his head hurt, a lot. The second thing was that he was on something very soft, and it was quiet. He could faintly hear cars below, but barely. He was high up, but he couldn't feel any wind. Inside, maybe? It hurt to think.

Someone gently shushed him, cupping his face. "Hey, it's alright. You're safe." A familiar voice said softly. Dick tried to pry his eyes open, but they wouldn't budge. "I can't open my eyes." "I know. You're tired, and probably too weak to open them. I'm here, and I'm going to take care of you."

A kiss was placed on his cheek, and Dick knew who this was. "Walls." "It's me. Just relax. You've got a pretty bad concussion." "What happened?" Dick realized his voice sounded like a cat being grabbed by the tail. It was horrible.

"You went out on patrol a few nights ago. We tried calling you a few times, but we couldn't get anything. Bruce found you using the tracker in your suit, and I went to get you. You were in an alley, covered in cuts and bruises. You weren't awake. You've been out three days." Wally explained slowly, giving Dick water and checking some of the injuries.

"Do we know what happened?" "Tim pulled a camera from a store across the street. It shows glimpses, and then there was a flash in the alley. Three masked guys ran out, one holding a gun. We assume that's the weapon that knocked you out. If not, it's the weapon that wounded you. The others are doing everything they can to find out more. Do you remember anything?"

Dick furrowed his eyebrows. "Going on patrol. Hearing a scream for help. Then nothing." "Alright. Don't push yourself. Let's go back to sleep. I'll take a few days off of work, and start with you." "Will you hold me?" "Of course. Let me change, then I'm all yours."

Wally kissed Dick's cheek again before his hands left. Dick could head rummaging, and then the movement of clothes somewhere to his left. He briefly wondered what he was wearing when Wally slipped into the bed, handing him something. "Guess who I found?" "Who?"

Wally smiled. "Peanuts. Bruce found a box at the Manor from when we were moving, and he was inside. There were a few other things, which I'll show you once you're better." Dick snuggled the small elephant to his chest, leaning into Wally. Wally wrapped an arm around Dick's shoulders, pressing a kiss to his temple. "I love you." "I love you too, Wally."