Anorexia

Dick was hungry, to say the least. He hadn't eaten in almost a week. Not that he didn't want to, it was that he couldn't bring himself to eat. It just made him want to throw up. Besides, he hadn't earned it. He hadn't earned his food that week.

Where was the ever hungry speedster who never stopped eating? Dick didn't know. That's why he was working so hard, he couldn't stop, couldn't eat until he found Wally. If he found Wally, he would eat again. He had to find Wally.

The team was trying to get him to stop. He needed a break, they said. He needed to eat, to conserve his strength, they said. Wally would want him to do it, they said. How did they know what Wally would want? Dick was his boyfriend, he should know what Wally would want for him!

Dick understood they were concerned. But that gnawing, twisting feeling in his gut whenever he thought of Wally? It didn't belong. He was going to keep going until it went away, until he could see Wally and assure himself his husband was alright.

Two weeks in, and the hero community had stopped trying to get him to rest. When someone tried to stop him, they were pulled to the side and had the gnawing feeling and the eating disorder explained to them. Dick hadn't slept either, which meant he often swayed on his feet, his head filled with clouds. But he never stopped working.

When Dick found Wally, he was immediately carried to the couch and told to rest. He had protested, but was so weak he hadn't been able to do much. A team was sent out to retrieve Wally, and another was deployed to watch Nightwing. They had to make sure he didn't try to get to Wally.

When Wally was brought to Dick, tired and bruised but alive, Dick broke down. He'd pulled Wally close, burying his head in Wally's shoulder and sobbing. Wally immediately went into worried husband mode, noticing how thin Dick was. The heroes left the room, a few standing outside the door.

When Dick explained what had been going on, Wally had pulled Dick into his lap and gently rocked him. Dick fell asleep easily, cuddling with his love again. Someone brought them a blanket, and Wally wrapped it around Dick's thin and shaking body.

Wally had taken Dick to a restaurant the next day. It was a buffet, so they could eat all they wanted. Wally had chowed down, but Dick only nibbled on his food. He claimed he wasn't hungry, just happy Wally was back.

That night at dinner, Wally made sure Dick ate something bigger than lunch. Dick did, and Wally made sure Dick could handle the food before he brought both of them to bed. They kissed until they lost track of time, the kisses being the only thing that comforted both. A way of saying "I'm ok" that suited both of them.

Wally built Dick's appetite up again. He worked from scratch, starting small before getting bigger. During the day they worked with each other to build their strength up again. During the night they cuddled, kissing until they were on the edge of a make out session. Wally was always gentle with what he did, making sure he didn't push Dick over the edge. If Dick didn't want it, Wally wasn't going to force it.

There were days Dick just couldn't eat. It was too much, and he couldn't physically do it. He ended up gagging whenever he tried. Wally didn't force him to eat, he just tried to gently nudge Dick away from the edge. He was always extremely patient, gently reassuring Dick it was alright. Dick always felt horrible for worrying Wally, adding to the twisting in his stomach.

Eventually, they got to a point where they were happy with Dick's appetite. There were days he couldn't eat, but they didn't have to worry about him not getting enough food any other day. Dick had gained his weight back, which made Wally happy. Dick was ok again. Wally would eventually see if he could help with the eating disorder, but for now he was satisfied.