Ch 4. Masquerade Ball

Start from the beginning

"Thanks" I say and he kisses my cheek. "I'm ready" I say to my mum and she gasps "You look so beautiful, someone's heart is going to be stolen tonight hey?" mum says and I scream "MUMM".

I walk down the stairs and my mum laughs at me. "Let's go, pick up Tory and Louise" my mum says and we head into the car.

*Tory's POV*

"Do I look okay mum?" I ask and she smiles and hugs me. She places a bracelet of hers on my wrists.

"You look stunning, especially with the heels. I don't like the sneakers" Mum says and I laugh.

"Thanks mum" I say and the doorbell rings "HAVE FUN AND GO" Mum says pushing me out the door. Oh, mothers.

"Hey, Katarina!" I say and we hug in the car. "I am so pumped" Katarina says and I reply "It's the same every year though" she crosses her arms and looks at me.

"One Direction's going to be there, that's different and I bet you and Zayn are going to fall into each other's eyes again and then you'll dance and it's a happily ever after for you" Katarina says and her mum stops at a red light giving us a shock "WHAT!? Zayn likes you! Oh my gosh! You two would be so cute" her mum says and my face looks at the floor of the car.

"Nothing will happen" I say, trying to convince myself and Katarina.

"You want something to happen though" Katarina says, batting her eyelashes.

"Shut up" I say ending this conversation. Katarina was right though. I knew it.

*Diane's POV*

Karina where are you? I'm waiting outside in my blue dress, wearing a mask and I'm freaking out. KARINA HURRY UP. Oh, wow that worked. Karina's car is here. I step into the car and the warm breeze hits me. "KARINA" I yell and we hug each other! "I am so glad you're coming and you're actually wearing make up. YOU'RE TRYING" Karina says and I laugh.

"She doesn't need the make up, Karina. You're just jealous" Eric says and I reply "Gosh, no way. Your sister is heaps prettier than me" I smile and he smiles too taking a photo of the both of us.

*Louise's POV*

I step into Katarina's car "Bye mum" I shout from the car and wave, my mum waves back and I sit and put my seat belt on. Safety first. "Hey!" I say, cheery and pumped. "I am so ready for this!" I say and Katarina says "I am sexy, free and single and I shall go and mingle" Katarina pulls this tough guy pose and Tory and I are left laughing our heads off.

"Here we are girls, have fun and stay safe" Katarina's mum says and we step out of the car. We wave goodbye, we all link arms and we head to the center hall.

"Wait. We have to see when Karina and Diane are going, I'll text them" Katarina says and we nod.

"Alright, they're coming soon. Let's go" Katarina says and we all link arms again. We let go of each other and walk down the stairs.

"Show you off, I wanna show you off"

The sound of Justin Bieber's voice blasts through the speakers and some girls, the popular girls are glaring at us. The best thing about wearing a mask, the bullies don't know who you are.

*Karina's POV*

"Bye Dad!" I wave and shout outside. "Have fun with some guys tonight" My dad shouts and I cringe.

"Come on, let's go" Diane says, pulling my arm. We walk to the center hall, I can hear Justin Bieber from here.

Diane and I walk down the stairs and we both see Katarina, Tory and Louise waving at us. We wave back and we walk down the stairs.