Chapter 1: Rise of the Snakes

Start from the beginning

  "Sorry, sis," Kai replied, trying to sound cool, "Where we go, danger abounds. This is a job for the Ninja."

  Kai then grunts as he reaches for the reins for his dragon, Flame, but they were just out of his reach.

  "Uh... uh... a little help?" Kai asks Nya and laughs nervously.

  Nya shakes her head and I roll my eyes as she hands him the reins.

  Then we fly off on our dragons to Jamamakai Village. I stayed behind for a moment to give them a head start.

  Nya walks up to Sensei Wu and asks, "Will they ever reach their full potential?"

  "In time," Sensei Wu replied, "Maybe a long time, but in time."

  "Let's hope so," I commented before taking off after the ninja.

  I easily caught up the the ninja and we are gliding through the air.

  "Just like old times, eh Rocky?" Cole says as he pats his dragon on the head.

  "... You guys believe what Sensei said about unlocking our full potential?" Kai asked everyone.

  I stay quiet and listen, for I don't have an elemental power. I am just a normal girl, I think. (Wink wink😏)

  "He may be onto something," Jay answered, "I mean since we got these Golden Weapons, it's not like we've ever had to use them. I wonder what they do."

  Zane then added, "I, for one, look forward to the future. If there's more for us to accomplish, let it be."

  "Don't know about you," Cole said excitedly, "but is anyone else a little excited about battling Lord Garmadon? I've been looking forward to trying out some new Spinjitzu moves. Could be the perfect opportunity."

  "We have to be careful," I say, "Garmadon is strong. We need to be on our guards."

  "Aren't we always?" Kai asks, rolling his eyes towards me.

  "Haha, race you there?" Jay laughed.

  "Oh, you're sooo on!" I say.

  "Ladies first," Zane offered, always the gentleman of the group.

  "Then what are you all waiting for?" I reply, smirking at the guys.

  They all glare at me, but race off after I giggle. They know that I'm older, and have been training, unlike themselves, so they just took it and dashed off.

  D/N tries to follow as they race off, but I held her back, keeping her at cruising speed.

  "Hold on, D/N," I say as I pat her head, "You'll get your chance to show them up soon."

  I wait there for a few moments after the guys were out of view, then took off after them. D/N really was gunning it to catch up. We saw them up ahead a few minutes later.

  D/N then turned invisible and turns herself so that she's covering me up from the others view. We have practiced this a lot, and we've done it so often that she does it without me having to tell her. She just senses when I'm wanting to do it, and she responds.