Chapter 13: Day of the Great Devourer

Hello my Wolfpack! I'm so sorry I've been gone so long!! But, to make up for it, I FINISHED THE LAST CHAPTER FOR SEASON 1!

 Anyway, without further adue, ENJOY!

Again, song has nothing to do with the chapter.😄

~<•>~<•>~<•>~

With that, something suddenly bursts from the collapsing ground in front of us and I can only watch in horror as a giant snake rises from the hole. It's not even fully out of the hole and it's as tall as a skyscraper! It looks down at Wu and Pythor and lets out a roar, sending spit flying from it's mouth. The bad feeling in my stomach blossomed to three times the amount of discomfort as before.

It then lunges at them and-.

~Present time~

Y/n's POV-

Something then bursts from the crumbling ground, rising taller than a skyscraper.

The Great Devourer...

I'm frozen in shock as it rises into the sky and lets out a tremendous roar. I stare at it's large fangs, it's glowing, slitted eyes, and it's shiny green scales.

As I'm stuck in my trance, the guys back up behind the corner of the arena entrance we were in front of. I would've just stayed where I was if it weren't for Jay grabbing me and taking me with them.

I was shook, scared, terrified, but not necessarily for me. I was terrified for Uncle Wu. I know what he's doing, I just don't want that outcome.

The giant serpent looks down and lets out another mighty roar, sending spittle everywhere as it descends with it's hood flared and mouth open.

Pythor releases a screech as the Great Devourer's mouth smashes into the ground and snaps closed over him and Wu.

My eyes go blurry and my nose starts burning. My lower lip trembles as my mind is still comprehending what I just witnessed.

"Sensei..." Kai says with sadness lacing his voice.

"No..." Jay adds.

I then let the tears go and let out a gut-wrenching scream, "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

With tears streaming down my face, I desperately try to make my way to where he was once standing. Perfectly fine. Unharmed.

I feel arms wrap around me and I try to break out of their grasp, squirming and thrashing in their grip. After a few moments I give up and collapse into their arms, sobbing into their chest as I mourn the loss of a friend. The first family figure I ever had. The one who raised me.

Cole's POV-

After what happened, we were all silent. Then I hear small sniffles from nearby and look around to see Y/n. She looks... shocked, scared... heartbroken.

The snake rears it's ugly head up and sniffs as it looks around. Then a sound that I never like to hear shatters the near silence.