[12] Broken hearts & Broken bones

This chapter is dedicated to burningred- ! She made the fantastic trailer on the side! Isn't it amazing guys? The best trailer I've ever seen! Thank you love, it's perfect! I also hope everyone had an amazing holiday! 

"No Cade." Autumn aggressively shook her head in opposition. "I'm not doing it."

"Oh come on Autumn, it'll be fun!" Cade whined, drumming his fingers against the metal of the fire extinguisher.

"I am not going to use the fire extinguisher to shoot myself across the room! It's just stupid." Autumn rolled her eyes, giggling.

"You'll be in a chair. It's fine!" Cade wailed like a child.

"If it's so easy then why don't you do it?"

"I can't. I'm crippled," he returned with a heavy yet fake frown.

"Is that your excuse?" He bobbed his head.

"What are you guys fighting about?" Tate wondered, hands in his pocket as he strolled into the room.

"Autumn is being a little bit of what I like to call a Clarke," Tate snorted. "Also known as a fun sucker." Cade and Autumn chortled, their stomachs hurting from laughing so hard.

"Speaking of Clarke, don't you have some work to do for her?" Tate grilled after the snickering had ceased.

"Listen to this, I did all the work and then she decides to give me more! Can you believe it?" Cade moaned, scooting himself back in front of the screens.

"What does she want you to do anyway?" Autumn inquired.

"She wants me to find someone. I don't really know," Cade shrugged.

"Since you need to work, mind if I borrow Autumn?"

"She is all yours," Cade smirked, eyes glued to his screen. "Just a warning though, she's in an anti-fun mood." Autumn punched Cade in the arm as she got up and followed Tate from the room.

"Where are we going?" Autumn requested.

"It's a surprise," Tate covertly answered back. He directed her past her bedroom, to the left and around the bend. Autumn also felt a twinge of anxiety as she entered the hall that hid the Council behind a locked door and a guard.

Tate ushered her into one of the rooms at the base of the hall and Autumn cautiously entered. Tate flicked on the light switch and what she saw next was puzzling.

"A dance studio?" Autumn cast doubt on his reasoning for taking her there. She advanced towards the wall of mirrors, her feet cracking against the timber floors. She hadn't seen her reflection completely since she had arrived. Autumn had only snuck a peek or two into Cade's monitors.