Sign Me Up {Chapter Thirty Four}

Hey guys! So sorry for the super long wait! I was on vacation, and then as soon as I got home from vacation I had to leave again to go to my college orientation! So I sadly haven't had time to write, but now I'm back! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Only six chapters left of this book! It's so crazy to think it's almost over!

Autumn sat on the couch, biting her thumb nail. She couldn't believe she had done what she just did. Autumn was just so enraged by Mr. Black. His carefree attitude when speaking of hundreds of people dying made her sick to her stomach.

She glanced at Cade, who was sitting in the exact same spot and way he was thirty minutes ago when he drug her into Tate's apartment. He sat in the bar stool, back against the wall, arms crossed, pouted lip, snarled expression, and angry eyes.

"Will you stop looking at me like that?" Autumn questioned.

"Nope." Cade shook his head.

"I said I was sorry," Autumn tried to defend her actions.

"I don't want to hear it." Someone tapped on the door. Autumn leapt up off the couch to answer it. Cade rushed past her, knocking over the stool, cracking the door open to see who it was.

"Move." Jade kicked the door open, shoving past Cade. "What the hell were you thinking?" She directed her question at Autumn.

"Jade," David whined, flooding inside.

"I mean what seriously possessed you and made you do what you just did." Clarke entered the room and Cade shut the door, hobbling to his barstool.

"Give it a rest," Clarke rolled her eyes, jumping up onto the counter.

"How are you not mad? You're mad at everything." Jade threw her arms up in frustration.

"I'm sorry," Autumn apologized.

"Oh! That just makes it alright-"

"Shut up!" David shouted. Jade eyed him, mouth gaping open, and his eyes grew wide. "Did I just say that out loud?"

"I didn't mean to say any of that stuff. It just . . . came out."

"That's a valid excuse-"

"He wants to let people die," Autumn interrupted Jade. "You know how many people go through that train station?" The room fell silent. Jade ran her tongue over her front teeth, tapping her nails against the countertop.

"How bad is it out there?" Cade asked, leaning his head against the wall.

"Not as bad as we thought," Clarke cleared her throat before answering. "Everyone is just kind of standing around talking."