Heart Wrenching News {Chapter Eighteen}

Thanks so much to EmolisciousSkittlez for the super cool gif on the side! I love it SOOO much!

“Delilah,” a voice called as Autumn stepped into the hallway. Her bare feet froze with each step she took on the cold tile.

“Hello?” Autumn called, voice resonating down the hall.

“Delilah,” the voice cried. Each step Autumn took seemed to boom through the halls, like she was stepping on land mines. Her legs felt like noodles as she drug herself onward.

Turning the corner, Autumn spotted a mirror. She practically ran to it, staring at her own reflection. Blood poured from her nose, from the gash in her lip, and from the cut in her forehead.

Autumns trembling hands reached out, running her fingers over the cut. She stared in horror at the blood staining her fingertips.

“Delilah!” Autumn peered over her shoulder and down the hall, watching as a woman trudged toward her. “Delilah? Why didn’t you help me?”

“Who are you?” Autumn demanded, spinning herself around so she was fully facing the stranger. The woman before her was in worse shape than Autumn. One eye was swollen shut, the right side of her forehead was bruised, blood poured from the cut on her nose, the slash in her lip, and some dribbled from the corner of her mouth.

Her hand was glued to her side, blood seeping through her fingers.

“Why didn’t you save me, Delilah?” Tears raced down the woman’s pale cheeks. Her sunshine blonde strands stuck to her face due to the sweat staining it.

“I’m not Delilah!” Autumn shook her head. The woman tramped forward, causing Autumn to step backwards.

“You could have saved me! You could have let me live!” The woman sobbed, charging after her at a profound speed. Autumn couldn’t keep up, smashing onto her back.

“Please! I didn’t do anything!”

“Delilah!” The woman screeched.

Autumn woke up, gasping for breath. She was glistening in sweat. Tears fell from her eyes as her mind replayed the scene over and over. She didn’t understand why she was having these dreams.

This had been the third one that month.

Autumn dreamed constantly of people shouting at her, bleeding, screaming the name Delilah over and over. Autumn forced herself out of bed, praying time with either Cade would clear her mind.

Ever since the incident with Jonas and Josh a few days ago, Tate had disappeared. She was worried and angry, why would he just leave?

Getting ready as quickly as she could, Autumn stepped out into the hall. At first, she popped her head into the cafeteria. She scanned the room, finding no one. No Cade, David, or even Jade.

Shrugging, Autumn let out a frustrated sigh before heading to Cade’s office. She was surprised to find everyone inside, all huddled around the computers.