[9] Headaches, Attacks, and Bruises

This chapter's dedicated to the super nice abbitabbs138! This chapters just for you love!

----

The first sound that broke through the chasm of darkness was Tate's voice. She couldn't make out his words due to the fact that he was speaking so fast. A second voice sounded moments later and, since this voice was slower, she could understand it.

"Tate, you need to calm down."

"Calm down!?" Tate howled. "How can I just calm down!?" The pressure that had kept her eyes shut dashed to her head. It pounded and Autumn couldn't hold back a groan any longer.

"She's waking up," the unknown person stated.

"Autumn?" Tate's expressed gently into her ear.

Autumn dared to peek open her eyes though she knew danger could lay ahead of her. At first, she was blinded by the illumination in the room. Blinking a few times cleared both that and the blur over her vision. She examined the beige ceiling before shifting her gaze landing to the terror-stricken Tate. He was resting in an old wooden chair next to her.

"You're okay," he breathed, undoubtedly relieved. Autumn tried to sit up but her head ache crippled her and, if Tate hadn't assisted her by placing a hand on her back, she wouldn't have been able to sit up.

"What . . . what happened?" She whimpered, holding her head in her hands.

"You fainted," the owner of the unidentified voice answered. Autumn ignored her pain to further investigate the stranger in the room. She hated how she couldn't trust anyone here to be a friend. She had to consider them a foe until proven otherwise.

The first, and perhaps the most notable feature he possessed, was his height. Autumn presumed that he had to be at least 6'2 and that was a low numbered guess. He was a slender man and his ebony skin seemed to highlight the warmth of his smile.

"I did?" Autumn was alarmed. She attempted to gather her memories together and that's when she noticed a huge gap between the being at the museum and waking up wherever they were.

"You don't remember?" Tate looked into. Autumn shook her head and immediately regretted it. For what felt like the hundredth time that day Autumns stomach flipped and she felt like she was going to throw up. "Is that normal, Ezra?"

The man had a name: Ezra. Ezra thought for a moment, scratching his shaved black hair, before bobbing his head.

"Yes, I think so."

"You think?" Tate snarled.

"I've told you a thousand times today Tate, I'm not an expert at humans! I've studied Fortis's and our bodies for fifteen years and have studied humans for less than a week!" Ezra was infuriated and, judging by the unexpected snap, Autumn figured he was under an immense amount of stress.

"I know- "Tate started to argue back. Not wanting to further annoy he closet thing to a doctor she'd get, Autumn cut him off.