Bonding Time

You still couldn't believe Alastor went along with the idea of riding back home on a horse. He probably wouldn't mind walking but for you, walking was very much out of the question. He also would not carry you all the way back either; like a pack mule, Alastor would have no problem dropping you if his strength reached his limit. Assuming that he's not very strong to start off with, he could've dropped you very early on after walking two blocks. Calling a town cab would have been the second option. The two of you could easily agree to that...but then there's Aura.

From what Alastor has told you from experience, Aura is physically incapable of riding in any modes of transportation whatsoever. Reason being? She has a severe case of motion sickness; her body cannot handle being in a car at all. Given her drunken condition, she would be hurling her insides out if you and Alastor were to have her ride in the car. Alastor would get pretty peeved about it if she made a mess in the cab...and on his clothes.

Thinking back on it, you were pretty glad you suggested the horse. Not only has it made it very enjoyable for you and Alastor, you also get to hug his waist the entire ride!

During the ride back home, Alastor began to cheerfully sing a few songs that were playing from his microphone cane. The cane itself hung from the side of the horse where it's within reach. You sat behind him listening to his mesmerizing voice. It was so pleasant and soothing to listen to. One song in particular truly managed to capture your heart. The way Alastor sang in the most lustrous and compelling voice, it was smooth and buttery like the finest silk. There was so much emotion put into each word. God, you'd be lying horribly to yourself if you said that you weren't getting turned on by it.

As the music continued to play through the microphone, you were near the outskirts of Pentagram City which means you were close to your destination. You were a little sad that you were almost home. You wanted to hear him sing for just a little while longer. A few moments later, Alastor chimes in with the chorus of the song.

I walk the streets of New Orleans

With the girl of my dreams

I've seen old men drunk singin the blues

With top hats, canes and spectator shoes

I consider myself lucky to have fallen in love...

He leaned back slightly against you, firmly grasping the reins as he made a small glance over his shoulder.

With a girl, the city, and the river of mud

Alastor then returned to his upright position, continuing his song while you hid your blushing face in his back. This fucking Radio Demon, you swear.

Let me know, let me know...

Where I can go... to save my soul

Let me know, let me know...

Where I can go... to save my soul

Where I can go... to save my soul!

New Orleans...

New Orleans...

For the rest of the song, Alastor simply hummed the words, now close to arriving at his house. The mule behind the horse galloped a safe distance while it maintained Aura's limp weight on its back. Even with the occasional gallops, not once has it stirred the witch doctor from her drunken slumber.

The deer demon tugged at the reins, signaling the horse to come to a slow and steady stop. He swung his leg over to the side and dismounted off of its back. You stared at the ground below you, now realizing how high up you were. Sensing your anxiousness, Alastor went up to where you were and held his arms up.