[61] Interrupt

"We have to make it look like we actually interrogated you, you know that right?" Ibiki stares at the girl, trying to figure out to 'rough her up' a little bit so Danzo and the crowd wouldn't be suspicious.

"I have been in here for two days, I think I'm dirty enough." Kagami glares at the man, lifting herself off the cell floor and shuffles her way to the door, "Is it open to the public?"

Ibiki nods at her as he unlocks the door, letting her out. "It's going to be held in the fighting grounds, so they have space to catch you if you run away."

Kagami internally rolls her eyes and holds her hands up to him so he can cuff them. Ibiki does just that, he cuffs them together and places more around her ankles, protocol.

"Who there?" Kagami asks quietly as she is walked through the compound.

"Nobody knows you are going on trial, but my guess is it going to be a lot. The Anbu is trying to flush everyone they have out in one go. You are going to have to wait in the cell with them, make sure you don't die while you're in there." Ibiki unlocks the said cell, the guards pulling out kunai and standing next to him in case anyone attacks.

Kagami walks in and sits herself down on the closest seat, between the door and a large man who is snoring. She nods to Ibiki before looking straight ahead at the blank wall in front of her.

She has been in here many times, putting people in or taking them out, sometimes even bringing multiple people back for a second or even third time. She avoids the gazes of the criminals in here, she recognised a few of them as people she had taken down in her time with the Anbu, and it isn't hard to recognise her hair.

s.h.o.u.t.

"Dad, why are we here?" Shikamaru trudges along after his parents as they walk towards the trial.

"Inoichi said we might want to see one of them, but he won't tell me why." The man scratches the back of his head as he looks for a seat.

Yoshino grits her teeth together, "Maybe it's Danzo for what he did to us the other day. I hope they execute that man."

Shikamaru just sighs and looks for anyone he knows.

"Oh? Kakashi-sensei?" The said man looks up from his book to see the boy waving at him. "What are you doing here?"

"Hm?" The man puts his book away, "Passing the time, there isn't public trials often. Hopefully we see some well-known criminal's given a good sentence."

Shikamaru nods, trying to see where his parents disappeared off to.

"Is Kagami here?"

Kakashi shakes his head, "I was told she got given a mission to carry out yesterday. She hasn't come back yet."

"Hm, what a drag. Bye Sensei." Shikamaru waves goodbye as he walks over to his mother who is waving her arm at him like a mad man.

Kakashi watches the boy before looking at the grounds just in time to see the first trial being announced.

"Convicted crime: Arson."

He watches lazily as the man is drawn as guilty rather quickly and the next person is pulled out. He notices that the Anbu seem to be rushing, as if they have a lot to get through or are waiting for something. He shrugs it off and watches the next one.

Convicted crime: Murder."

Kakashi almost rolls his eyes at this, he didn't know people were still being caught for murder. What if they just turned around and said it was part of a mission or they were ordered to by their Kage? He pulls out his book again and beings to read, hoping to pass the time until a good one comes up.