[43] Sibling

Kagami stayed silent for almost an hour. Yua changed her clothes back to her simple ninja clothing once the Anbu had turned their back. She spent the hour with tears pouring from her eyes and her chakra fluctuating between dangerously low and extremely high. Every time a boom or growl was heard, Yua would surge chakra into the girl forcibly, urging her to go to the Tailed Beasts. But she couldn't move.

And she still can't.

Her body aches all over. The adrenaline wore off almost as soon as she laid herself down and now each movement seems to cause unnecessary amounts of pain. She watches the sky quietly as people rush past her and try to help the Hokage and to revive him. Each and every time she would tell them it's impossible, that he sold his soul to save theirs.

Yet each and every time they would ignore her and would deplete their chakra on the corpse. Kagami glances to her left to see another medical Nin heading over and shakes her head. She pushes her broken hand against the broken tiles and sits herself up.

She uses the extreme chakra from Yua and stands, picking up her fallen leader as the Nin approach.

"Hey! You could be causing more damage! Put him down!" Kagami snaps her gaze to the woman who spoke and glares her down.

"For the past hour, no one has listened to me and you have all continued to dishonour our leader's corpse. It would seem I am the only person here that wants to help him keep his dignity." Kagami falls forward off the edge of the roof, hoping she can make it to the ground before it makes it to her.

She lands haphazardly, stumbling and wavering, the body seemingly getting heavier by the second. She tries to walk forward but her knee buckles, causing her to kneel. She grunts and forces herself up again. Walking towards the group of Joinn who are sitting calmly next to each other, checking for wounds.

They seem to ignore her, thinking she is just another person rushing around diligently to find something to do.

"Brother," The heads turn to see the small girl holding tightly onto the Hokage's corpse with her life, "Help me, please. It hurts."

Kakashi doesn't take time to react like the others do, he just shoots forward and grabs onto the body in his sisters arms and passes it to the passing hospital group who go into shock immediately. They thank Kakashi before sprinting off with the body on a stretcher, screaming for a med team.

"Why?" Kagami's eyes fill with tears again, "Why won't they understand that he isn't coming back? Stupid emotional civillians."

Kakashi grabs his sister by the shoulders and stares into her eyes, her hair still collected in burnt and cut buns atop of her head.

"Kagami, what happened? Why are you crying?" Kakashi is uneasy, he had never seen her show much emotion, let alone cry in front of people.

She shakes her head and falls forward into his grasp, her body giving up on supporting her once again. Her hand starts to throb, her heartbeat in her ears and drowning out the world completely.

"Hey, Kagami?" Kakashi looks down at his sister, worry in his voice. "Kagami?"

He watches as her eyes droop and close, her breathing slowing and her heartbeat becoming dull.

"Kagami?" Kakashi stares at his sister, disbelief in his eyes.

She's not going to die, no she can't. She is the Kagami Hatake. Heads turn towards the siblings as their world seems to stop. A medical group starts to advance to the two as Kagami's head lulls back, falling lifelessly against her brother's shoulder. The medical team sprints forward, panic rising in the area. They ask Kakashi to lay his sister down but he doesn't respond, he just stares at her face.