[60] Trial

"I haven't committed anything against this village." Kagami sits quietly in her seat, her hands tightly tied together behind it.

She stares at Ibiki, her face emotionless, eyes tired. She has been here for almost an hour and they aren't getting anywhere.

"Well that's the thing Kagami, there is no evidence you have, so I have no idea what I'm looking for here." Ibiki leans back in his chair, looking over to Inoichi who is standing outside the chamber with a fed-up look across his face. "My guess is we just have to keep you here until Danzo finds something."

"There isn't anything for him to find," Kagami doesn't move, "So how long am I going to be here?"

"Legally, he has 48 hours to find something. Otherwise, you are free to go." Ibiki is taking a much time as he needs with this.

He was shocked when Kagami got dragged to him by the Anbu and was, even more, when Danzo announced his reasoning, the only fault being that he had nothing to back up what he was saying.

"Is there anything he can use against you?" Inoichi unlocks the door and walks in, taking a seat next to his partner.

Kagami shakes her head, "I was given missions that could be seen as incriminating, but they were orders."

"He might try and say that they weren't orders, he could get rid of mission scrolls and files." Inoichi brings his hand to his chin and tries to think of every possible outcome.

Kagami almost rolls her eyes at this. "That's exactly what he will do, but I have backups."

Ibiki's gaze snaps to the girl, "That's illegal, there's a higher chance of information getting out every time you copy the file."

Kagami shakes her head at the man, "I never copied the scrolls Ibiki, I just never gave them back. I have each and every one around somewhere."

"Well that's also illegal," Inoichi gives her a disapproving look.

"Well if it stops me from being executed, I rather say I've broken a minor law then I did all of those things of my own volition." Kagami leans back on her chair, knowing full well that if she falls she can't catch herself.

Inoichi sighs, "But why would they be at Shikaku's? It's not like you're there all the time."

Kagami leans forward and slams her chair back onto all fours, the sound echoing off the stone walls. Her eyebrows knit together as she tries to think of how why it is that they went to the Nara's. Technically they should have thought that Kagami was still in the hospital because of her injuries.

Unless . . .

"He wanted the Nara to spy for him," Ibiki speaks out Kagami's thoughts, his features suddenly morphing into hatred. "I knew that man was low, but not this low."

"If I'm correct, you should be interrogating her not have idle conversation." The three turn to the small window in the chamber door, bars run through it to stop any escapes. "Or should I move her to the Root."

"What Root?" Inoichi asks sarcastically, having had enough of the man, "I thought they were dissolved? Or did they get reinstated?"

"I'm sure you know they did." Danzo steps into the room, the door swinging open to show multiple Anbu waiting behind him to pounce if needed. "You are both acquainted with Kagami here. She served under me for a decade."

"So I wonder what makes you think she is guilty of a crime?" Ibiki straightens in his chair, gazing lazily at the man.

"Well, I do think it is unfortunate such an elite kunoichi must leave us in such a fashion." He smiles to the two men, before turning around and leaving as quickly as he came.