A Message for Bertl

Group Message

Annie, Sasha, Connie, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Christa, Ymir, Jean, and Marco.

Sun, December 28, 9:19 AM

Reiner: Hey guys, come 2 my house

Connie: why?

Reiner: It's Berts birthday in 2 days

Eren: More like BERTDAY hahaha

Jean: shut up Eren

Eren: you shut up

Reiner: Just get to my place at 2. I have something planned

✎➕➖✖➗✐

December 30, Eren's house

Eren nervously called Reiner. It rang a couple times before he picked up.

"Hello?" Came Reiner's voice from the other end.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, MAN?" Eren shouted. "It's 3 and you were supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago."

"Well, my dad decided to stop for tacos so blame him," Reiner said while audibly munching on food.

The doorbell rang.

"Are you here already?" Eren asked.

When Eren opened the door, he saw Bertolt, smiling at him. Instantly, he slammed the door in Bertolt's face.

"Bert's at the door! What are we going to do?" Eren shouted.

"Calm down!" Reiner shouted through the phone. "I'm pulling up."

A few moments later, everyone was inside and all confusement a were smoothed out. Everyone sat down on the couch as Reiner popped in a CD and Eren set it up on the TV.

"It's starting," Sasha squealed.

"What is this?" Bertolt asked.

The old-timey countdown in black and white appeared on the screen. When the countdown was finished, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin sat in front of blue backdrop. Elevator music began playing in the background.

-
"Okay, so how did you meet Bertolt?" Asked Reiner's from offscreen.

"Well, we first met him in gym class," Eren started.

"When he nailed Eren in the head with a dodgeball," Mikasa said.

"On accident," Armin added. "So he wouldn't stop apologizing and saying it was an accident."

The screen went back except for the words: And now, a flashback reenacted by terrible actors.

Jean walked on screen with a bald cap and blew a whistle. "I am Mr. Shadis. The worse gym teacher you will ever have in your life and I will end you with dodgeball! Go!"

Balls of paper begin to fly across the background.

Marco stepped onto the screen. "I'm Bert by the way," he smiled at the camera.

Marco threw the paper when Eren "happened" to walk in front of his line of fire. Eren dramatically fell backwards.

"I'm so sorry!" Marco, or Bertolt, said.

"What are you doing?" Mikasa stepped in. She sounded incredibly monotone.

"I promise it was an accident!" Cried Marco Bertolt.

"It's okay," Armin stepped in and awkwardly patted Marco Bertolt's shoulder. "I'm Armin."

"Mikasa," Mikasa said.