Second Time Around

Armin walked into school, yawning. It was too early to deal with people. Despite it being his sixteenth birthday, he didn't feel special at all. He certainly didn't feel older. Also, like the year before, his friends probably forgotten about his birthday once again.

Armin walked up to his locker to get his books. While doing so, he received a flashback of the day where he forced his friends to be his main bitches to compensate for their mistakes. Armin sighed as small smile crept onto his face. However, the smile only lasted a few seconds. He slammed his locker shut.

Behind his locker was Eren and Mikasa with smiles and balloons. "Happy Birthday!"

Armin gasped. "Guy! You actually remembered this year!"

"That makes your life sound so sad," Eren commented.

"We got you balloons," Mikasa said while handing Armin the bunch of balloons. "The aluminum ones or whatever 'cause they don't pop."

"And presents!" Eren exclaimed as he gave Armin two boxes that were luckily small enough to fit in his locker.

"Thank you!" Armin smiled back. He looked up at his balloons. There was two smaller balloons, a medium one, and a very large, circular balloon that said "I'm sixteen!"

"Um guys," Armin spoke up, "How am I supposed to carry this around?"

Eren and Mikasa shrugged. "You didn't think that through, did you?" Armin asked. The other two shook their heads, causing Armin to sigh.

"Hey, at least people will know it's your birthday," Eren said.

"People knew it was my birthday last year," Armin argued. "I made you roll me down the hallway like I was a prince."

"Yooooooooooo!" Sasha shouted from down the hallway. Connie was pushing Sasha in a rolly chair. They were decorated with large golden chains and rings. Both were wearing shades. On top of that, muffled rap music was playing in the background. Once they reached the other three, they turned off the music.

" 'Sup, dudes," Connie said. "We're inviting you to this super dope party we're throwing for Armin."

"Oh, it's fine," Armin tried to talk them out of it. "I don't need a party!"

"Oh, yes you do!" Sasha said. "It's gonna be LIT!"

"We aren't doing drugs are we?" Armin asked.

"Nah! But the party itself gon' be some dope shit," Connie commented.

"It's gonna be a rave!" Sasha added.

"I seriously don't want to have a birthday rave party," Armin stated.

"Too bad, we already invited all our friends and some of the juniors," Sasha stated.

"And they all said they were going so it's gonna be LIT AF!" Connie exclaimed as they played the rap music once again while making it rain invitations on Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. Then, they danced off horribly into the hallways.

✎➕➖✖➗✐

"Hey Levi," Hanji poked at the angry, short, and irritated teen. "You going to the rave?"

"No," Levi replied.

"Why not?" Hanji asked.

"No," Levi stated.

"That wasn't even the appropriate reply," Hanji whined.

"Why not, Levi?" Erwin asked.