Chapter 47

Third POV

"Search them," Legolas ordered.

"B'ey! Give it back! That's private!" Gloin exclaimed.

"Who is this?" Legolas asked. "Your brother?"

"That is my wife!" Gloin said indignantly.

"And what is this horrid creature? A goblin-mutant?" Legolas asked with a sneer.

"That is my wee lad, Gimli!" Gloin answered angrily.

Legolas didn't answer, he only raised an eyebrow at him before turning to Tauriel and Miranda. "Are the spiders dead?" He asked in elvish.

"Yes," Tauriel answered.

"But more will come," Miranda finished. Legolas tilted his head at her. "They're growing bolder."

"My Prince!" Called one of the guards. "We found this."

"This is an ancient Elvish blade. Forged by my kin." Legolas began in Sindarin then continued in English. "Where did you get this?"

"It was given to me," Thorin said glaring at the blonde.

Legolas was not amused. "Not just a thief, but a liar as well. Take them away!"

"Thorin, where's Bilbo?" Bofur asked. Thorin looked around and saw Miranda trailing behind the rest of the elves. He opened his mouth to say something but clamped it shut when she motioned him to be silent.

"Move along, dwarf," Miranda said, shoving him gently.

"Close the gate," Legolas ordered.

Bilbo ran and made it inside the doors just in time.

~*~

The dwarves protested as they were shoved into their cells.

"Hey!" Gloin yelled. "Get us out of here!"

"Get off me!" Nori shouted and fought back.

"Aren't you going to search me?" Kili asked Tauriel as he watched his comrades being stripped of their weapons. "I could have anything down my trousers."

Tauriel looked him up and down before saying, "Or nothing."

Tauriel walked up and was stopped by Legolas, "Why does that Dwarf stare at you, Tauriel?" He asked.

"Who can say?" She answered. "He's quite tall, for a dwarf. Don't you think?"

"Taller than some," Legolas replied. "But no less ugly."