42: Dinner in Hell

Y/N

"Don't be nervous.", I heard Jimin tell. He squeezed my hand gently reassuring me.

"...How can't I be nervous?", I said with difficulty.

I looked around nervously. We were currently inside the car and my line of sight met the large mansion that stood  in front of us, decorated with various lights that seemed to glimmer and sparkle. We were all here to attend the family dinner.

"Hey, you used to come here before as well and you know everyone. Why are you nervous?", Erin said from the back seat.

I had invited Erin to come to this dinner with me. My sister, being my sister, didn't join us because she needed to finish a book...on wattpad. Her excuse was she needed to finish the book before it became a paid story and nothing is more important to her than that. Like what?

"Let's go.", Jimin said and we got off the car.

I was dressed in a formal black dress with black pencil heels. Erin was in a grey suit dress.

Jimin reached out his hand for me staring at me with his beautiful eyes. "Have I told you that you look gorgeous today?"

"Yes, more than 20 times.", I chuckled. I held his warm hand, it's warmth immediately soothing my nerves.

"Why did I decide to tag along with these lovebirds seriously?", I heard Erin groan.

I giggled at that. Soon, we were in front of the door of the mansion. After ringing the bell twice, someone finally opened the door for us.

"You all are finally here.", The familiar woman said smiling at us widely.

"Good evening, Mom.", Jimin said to the woman who was dressed in a long flowy dress, hugging her. Even though, she was more than 50, still she looked glamorous for her age.

"That's his mom?!", Erin whispered by my side, looking shocked.

"Yes.", I smiled faintly.

"Good evening Mrs Park.", I greeted her.

"Y/N, I was waiting for you! How long has it been? It's been so many months since I last saw you. You look even more beautiful. We need to catch up, dear.", The excitement was clear in her voice.

"Sure, Mrs Park. Thank you.", I replied politely.

"Don't call me Mrs Park. Call me mother-in-law or even mom is fine.", She winked at me.

I choked on my saliva and started coughing badly. Erin cracked up by my side despite trying to keep a straight face.

Mother-in-law? What in the hell?!

I glanced at Jimin and he just had a playful smirk on his face.

"And you must be Y/N's friend?", She said looking at Erin.

"Yes, Mrs Park. Good evening to you. I'm Erin. Nice to meet you.", Erin said.

"You are so pretty. Now let's go in. Forget all the formalities. It's just a family dinner.", She ushered us inside.