25: The Effects of Love

y/n

I stared at my computer screen blankly. I was trying to finish the review but there were so many things in my mind, thoughts of him.

I felt exhausted. He wouldn't leave my mind no matter what and I was distracted.

I typed down the last things and saved the review. I was lost in my world when I heard a knock on my door.

I opened it and saw my sister holding some bags. I quickly retrieved those from her and let her in and she fell on the couch letting out a long sigh.

"I brought some pizza. Let's dig in.", She told and immediately a smile appeared in my face.

"You are the best!", I said and we sat on the carpeted floor while spreading the food on the table.

"How was the event?", She asked.

"Good.", I said while eating the pizza.

I again got lost in my own thoughts while eating. I was snapped out of my thoughts when my sister pulled me.

"Why are you so distracted?", She asked me.

"No, no. I am good. How was your day?", I asked her.

"It went as usual. Nothing exciting.", She said.

"Oh..."

"Something is troubling you. Tell me.", My sister said.

"It's nothing.", I told.

"Don't lie. Tell me. I will help.", she said, not taking no for an answer.

I heaved a sigh. "How do you define love? How do you understand it?"

She chuckled. "Is that question troubling you? Seriously?"

I nodded.

"Well...", She paused for a while.

"You can't understand love Y/N. Love is the beginning of the journey to the centre of the heart. It's a deep sea of water that cannot be fathomed."

"You are making me more confused."

"It's something like that...well, when we try to understand love, it makes us feel more confused and lost. It's the nature of love.", She said.

"Love isn't what we see. Love is what we do, what we feel. It's like wind, you can't see it. But you can feel it.", She said.

"Then, how do you know if you are in love?", I asked.

"There are the symptoms and effects of love after all.", She started.

"It's love when you feel like you can't bear to see them unhappy."

"It's love when you want to be with that special someone every time."

"It's love when you want to be the reason of their happiness."

"It's love when you want to take care of them."

"It's love when they are in your mind all the time."

"It's love when you feel those weird tingling sensations in your stomach when you see them."

"It's love when your heart feels euphoric everytime you see their smile."

"And it's love when they are instantly in your mind while saying these things."

And realization dawned on me.

I fell in love with him....

Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall, turn to liquid or burst into flames.