invitation

I woke up with a mind breaking headache. The slight sunlight that shown on my face felt like hell and I couldn't help but think about my time in the desert.

The desert seemed so long ago, maybe it was because for once in my life everything isn't taking a massive shit on me. I rolled over and wrapped my arms around Hitoshi's chest.

It amazed me how Hitoshi could sleep through the blaring light. I tried to go back to sleep but found it impossible as my stomach started hurting for some sort of meal.

I got out of bed with a sigh. I felt nauseous but due to my body's constant survival mode I didn't throw up.

"Ms.Y/n! When did you come back," Nao asked excitedly as I entered the kitchen. He had a bowl of cereal in his hand so he must have just woken up.

"Hey buddy,i came back last night. do you want anything for breakfast?" I asked as I grabbed the egg carton from the fridge.

"No thank you! Can i hang out with Katsudon after breakfast?" He asked with a wide smile.

"You're going to hang out with a pork cutlet bowl?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow towards him. I've met some of his friends but Katsudon doesn't seem like a name a parent would name their child.

"Well his name is Takoika but he told everyone to call him Katsudon," Nao explained. That explains it, I wouldn't want to be called squid or octopus.

"Sure, don't let anyone change your name though, you are Nao Aizawa-Shinsou. You are not a dish. Also give me a call when you get there," I replied. He nodded his head in agreement as he stuffed his mouth with cereal. I grabbed a large bowl and startex working on making pancakes for myself and Hitoshi, if he woke up in time.

I felt two arms wrap around my waist as I was beating the eggs (those eggs don't stand a chance). "You're up early," I whispered as I felt Hitoshi kiss my neck gently.

"The bed was cold," he mumbled on my skin, "You should have stayed in bed." He rubbed his face on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry toshi, I had a headache and I needed to eat something," I justified as I poured the flour I grabbed before into the beaten eggs.

"After breakfast can we lay in bed for a bit longer? It's our day off."

"Nao's at a friend's house so yeah, I think we can have a nice day in bed," I said as I whisked the forming batter.

"Oh yeah? Which friend?" He asked, lifted his head up. "Apparently he goes by Katsudon."

"Our child is friends with a pork cutlet bowl?" He asked, I could tell he wanted to laugh. "That's what I asked but apparently-"

We heard a knock on the door that interrupted me ever so rudely. I sighed and made my way to the door with a slight jog. I opened the door to see a woman wearing pearl earrings and a wide smile.

"Horray! Today you have been invited to a very special place. I think it will be very great, your sister's getting executed for 4 counts of homicide on September 28!" She sang as she read  off a little note. She then handed me a balloon and card and walked away.

"Who was it?" Hitoshi asked as I closed the door.

"One of those singing telegram people, my sister's getting executed for 4 counts of homicide but last time I check she had only killed 3 people, right? Nao's aunt and mom and our mother." I opened up the letter for more clarification only for my face to be met with confetti.

"She's taking all of this very lightly," Hitoshi said as he wiped off confetti from my face. "Yeah, it's like I'm being invited to a pool party," I said as I opened the card.

"Dear y/n and hytobi,

I am being executed on September 28 for murdering 4 people. The first 3 being Nao's mother, Aunt and our mother, as you already know, and lastly I murdered father over the phone by giving him a heart attack. I am a generous sister as I got rid of any loose strings (or rather human lives) so now you can have the family's summer home and all the fortune that is all the dark secrets of the L/n family. I would appreciate it if you would visit me as I have much more to tell you. I want to shed some light on your high school years as you don't know everything. If therapy has taught me anything it is that I require praise or I will most definitely lose it. Hope I'll see you soon and congrats on your engagement~

Toki"

"She killed father, that's gross," I said after reading the letter out loud.

"But on the bright side we get a beach house, that's fun," Hitoshi said, "Also she called me hytobi. I glad to see someone recognizes me and my actual name." He remarked sarcastically.

"How did she know about the engagement?" I whispered to myself as I rubbed my cheek due to stress.

"Maybe she's also on your fan page?" Hitoshi said shrugging his shoulders. "That's best case scenario," I said with an exasperated sigh, "we have to go to this thing."

"What? Why? She can't do anything if we don't go."

"I know but," I took a breath, "there were a lot of things you don't know about Hitoshi. And I want to tell you but it's all a mystery to me. I want to know what happened."

"So you're going for closure?"

I nodded slightly. I was nervous again.  I would understand if he didn't let me. I don't want to go but I have to, it's a right that younger me deserves. She deserves to know how and why she was tormented so brutally as a child.

"Then I'll go with you," Hitoshi said, my eyes widened.

"W-what?"

"I'm going with you. If it's important to you it's important to me and as your fiance I want to support you," he replied. I didn't know what to say so I just wrapped my arms around him tightly as I felt my eyes well up. He's so good to me.

"Why are you crying?" He asked very confused. "I'm just so happy to be with you!!"

"You're so dramatic, what will I do with you?" Hitoshi asked in a joking manner.

"You're going to marry me because you loove me," I teased.

"I do love you, now let's clean up this confetti. You're sister is evil for this."

"And four counts of homicide, right?"

"That too."