myself

The day after Hit- Shinsou broke up with me I was a mess. Everything seemed to be going so well for me. But all good things must come to an end for some reason. For the first time, my dad asked me to get lunch with him which brightened my day ever so slightly.

"I've decided to no longer train Shinsou, I'm informing him later today," my dad suddenly said. My eyes widened and I choked on a bit of rice that I'd been chewing. "W-why? He deserves to be a hero and to be in the hero course-"

"He should have considered that before humiliating you in front of your class," my dad said before taking a bite of a pork cutlet.

"Dad, It's okay if you train him, I won't hold it against you. He deserves to be in the hero's course," I said with a pleading look. He looked at me and sighed.

"At least he didn't break you out of rationality," my dad said as he leaned back on the couch of the teacher's lounge.

"I just want him to be happy, even if it's not with me," I said quietly and mostly to myself. My dad hummed in response. "And besides he said a break, so it might not be forever!" I said hopefully. "If that's the case I still have a chance with my girlfriend from middle school," my dad said sarcastically.

I finished lunch with my dad and went to the cafeteria because I am a void that constantly needs to consume or I will die like the guy in Thinner. "Hey, Aizawa-chan!" A voice called out to me. I quickly turned around to see Todoroki. I smiled and walked over to him with quick hast.

"I was wondering where you went, usually you'd be stuffing your face while sitting with that purple guy," Todoroki said making light conversation.

"Yeah, I actually came here to grab some food, so I don't have a repeat of the sport's festival," I said honestly. He hummed in somewhat understanding.

"So I heard that your boyfriend broke up with you," he said rather bluntly, my nearly lifted spirit was slapped down to the pit of despair.

"Y-yeah," I replied awkwardly, "it was my fault, I kept too many secrets I guess..." I trailed off a bit. "You talk with your hands a lot," Todoroki said just as bluntly as before. I flinched and looked at my hand, do I really?

"It's something I picked up from my dad I guess," I mumbled quietly.

"Your evil one?" He asked as he stood up.

"I-I'm sorry?"

"Aren't you the love child of 2 villains?" He stepped closer to me.

"I-I mean t-technically, I really prefer just being called adopted," I stepped backward and hoped that someone would intervene, "b-besides, I didn't know who my dad was when I was a child."

"Isn't it weird that you're the only person in our class that doesn't remember what happened during the USJ attack?" He asked as he again took a step towards me. "Of course I remember the USJ attack, I can consider it one of the worst days of my life," I said defensively.

"Then what happened when All Might showed up? What happened to the bird monster? The portal guy? Tomura Shigaraki-"

"I don't know, I got knocked out," I felt my brows furrow. "No, you weren't! You were Mr. Aizawa and crying over him!" Todoroki exclaimed.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the cafeteria. I tried to pull away. I felt my heart race. Did no one see this?

"You are a tough person to be alone with, always with that Shinsou kid," he said as he backed me up to a wall, I shut my eyes tightly as he continued, "I'm going to ask you an important question, answer truthfully will you?" He sounded so serious, where was all of this coming from? Was he always this suspicious of me? I've done nothing but encouraged him just like all the other students in my class-

"Everything okay Y/n?" A voice I had missed oh so desperately. I opened my eyes widely as I turned my head to the direction of the voice. Hit- Shinsou stood adjacent to Todoroki and me, he wore a small scowl on his face. I felt tears of joy stream down my face.

"I told you to stay away from her," Hitoshi said lowly. "You can't stop me from having a friendly chat with a classmate," Todoroki retorted back. "I can when she's shaking from fear," Hitoshi said as he pulled my arm towards me. "Let's go Y/n," Hitoshi mumbled after glaring at Todoroki for a bit. He walked me to class 1-A and opened the door abruptly.

He closed the door behind him. I didn't dare make eye contact with him. "Are you ok Y/n?" He asked he sounded concerned. Why is he doing this? He broke up with me, right? I felt his cold callous hands hold my face. I pushed him away. He wanted to break up with me, right?

"I-I could have handled that myself Hitoshi," I said as I turned my back to him. "Because you were doing so well at that earlier," he replied sarcastically.

"Why did you even do that? I thought you wanted to take a break," I said as I wiped my tears with my sleeves. "I might have been a bit cruel on how I handled this," he said quietly.

"And who told you that?"

"Most of your classmates, my classmates when they heard the news, your dad, your uncle, just a lot of people in general," he listed off.

"Well considering you didn't let me explain without your quirk, I don't think they were far off left field," my heart hurt.

"Well considering that you've been so secretive lately-"

"I have not been secretive, I literally share everything with you, I don't understand why you would think that!" I finally turned to look him in the eyes. "I was going to break up with you for your own protection! I was trying to be selfless and then I saw you and I thought I can protect him from harm if it ever comes," I raised my hands to my hair.

"If you had asked me without your quirk I would have told you all that!"

"You said you wouldn't tell me because it was stupid!"

"Subconscious Hitoshi! That was my subconscious! I would have told you regardless!"

"...I'm sorry..."

I looked up at him with shock. I watched as he knelt down on his knees and grabbed my hands. "I shouldn't have just used my quirk on you like that," he whispered.

"I'm sorry too," I replied as I held his hands back.

"But don't take this as us getting back together just yet," I said. "I understand if you want to move on and find someone else-"

"That's not what I mean Hitoshi, I'll always love you but I need you to trust me," I took a deep breath, "I'll be leaving to camp by tomorrow. While I'm gone I want you to ask yourself if you do love me and truly want to get back together or do you feel guilty about how you didn't trust me? I don't want you to feel trapped in our relationship, Hitoshi."

It's going to be a long week.