“I know right.” Faith joined her.

“Sis, you're so lucky.”

“And you guys have officially gone mad, how do you expect me to juggle my studies and a boy?”

“Bestie, it isn't that hard.”

Easy for her to say, she's not in my shoes.

“Of course it is.”

“You’re overreacting.”

Oh, now I'm the one overreacting?

“I am not overreacting, you guys are, you know what, I don't want to have this conversation anymore.”

I stood up. “Where are you going to?” Kate asked me.

I thought of a good excuse, a bath, yeah, that's right.

“I’m going to take a shower.”

“A shower?”

“What?”

“I said, I'm going to take a shower.”

“Now?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Z.”

“Idy, we're being serious here.”

“And who said I wasn't, I'm going to take a bath and I don't want to hear anything again, abeg.”

They didn't say a word again, I guess they understood that I wasn't in the mood and decided to drop the subject.

They quietly left the room. Before Faith left she mumbled a quick sorry and went to join the others.

I took out my towel from it's hanger and stripped. I wrapped my small frame in it and took out my soap, soap dish and tied my sponge around my waist.

Heading to the bathroom, I saw Chick and Ijoema, I didn't really care about the last girl to bother saying her name.

I decided to just ignore them and mind their own business but I guess they didn't see it my was. Before I could step into the bathroom, a hand circled my wrist, I knew who it was without having to look.

The she-devil herself...in body.

I had no time to talk to her, she was the one who caused me so much pain, I went through hell beacause of her while she lived freely without having to worry about nothing.

I had many anxiety attacks, one never knows what it feels to be trapped in your own world, looking for a way to escape, but just can't, it's suffocating. I had even discovered that I became scared of tight and small places, afraid of being alone, I had nightmares, I became claustrophobic...

Those three years if my life were the worse, I don't know why I didn't tell anyone, maybe I was hoping that they'd figure it out....I dunno, I didn't know where or how I sumed up the courage to tell Kate about it, at that time, she seemed like the only person I could trust with my problems.

Chika’s palm came in contact with my face and that's when I remembered where I actually was, I guess I zoned out for a minute or two.

Out of habit, my hand instantly flew to where her palm had come in contact with my cheek, I winced as I touched it.

This girl want remove my cheek, aba.

“Well, if it isn't Miss Goody two shoes.”

I said nothing, I wouldn't give her the satisfaction she oh so desperately needs. One thing I learnt over the years of her constantly bulling me was to not speak back at her but look her straight in the eye and learn to face my fears, in that way I don't boost her already growing ego.

“That slap I gave you wasn't for nothing, tell that sister of yours never to cross paths with me, if not, I assure you, she won't like what's coming her way.”

She walked away, her minions closely behind her.

My sister?

Faith?

What has she gotten herself into?

I strongly told her to stay away from Chick but apparently she didn't listen.

Then, something clicked in my head. Then reddish bruise I saw on Faith's cheek. Chika gave it to her.

Oh my God!

Why did she have to drag herself into this, she knows what happened to me, she knows I'm still healing from the trauma of that event and yet she still went to face Chika...

I can't let my sister be one of Chika’s victims...no.

I won't let this happen.

But one question went through my mind, “Why didn't Faith tell me about this?”

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Hi
How are you all doing?

I an so grateful to all of you for helping me...by reading, voting and the comment I saw.

Keep smiling.
Happy reading.
Never stop caring.

With love,
Tani.