Chapter 8: Meeting Two Girls and a Feline

His eyes shot open as his torso leaped upward and he screamed at the top of his lungs. His fear was so great that he fell onto the floor and slammed the back of his head onto the wood.

He then stopped screaming and found himself breathing heavily and rapidly as his whole body was covered in sweat and his heart thumped against his chest rapidly.

As he stared at the ceiling, he began to calm down as he took deep breaths to slow his heart rate and breathing.

Then he saw something poke it's little white head out from the corner of the couch cushions and sat onto the cushion, looking down on him. Y/n saw two little cat ears that twitched slightly, then they started to rise and then he saw two different colored eyes looking down on him.

One golden and the other light blue. His reflection could be seen within its eyes, he saw that his (E/c) eyes were puffy and his cheeks were wet, he had been...crying?

Y/n then got into a sitting position on the floor and saw that there was a kitten sitting on the couch. It's big cute eyes staring back at him. Around its neck was a little red neckerchief. It's fur was pure white, as white as the snow outside of the house.

It continued to stare at him. Y/n then looked away from the kitten and whipped his tears away from his cheeks. He looked at the kitten again and saw it still staring at him with it's small tail swaying from side to side. He then raised his hand to it and slowly as to not scare it away.

The kitten saw this and tilted it's head then it sat up and once he held his fingers a couple inches from it's face so he would not be forcing it to smell him, the kitten slowly made its way to his fingers.

Once it reached his fingers, it raised it's small pink nose to his pointer finger and took a couple of small sniffs and then it began to rub it's small face against his fingers.

Y/n then heard the soft sound of purring from the kitten as he began to softly stroke it's back and end it with the tail to repeat the process.

The kitten then looked at him as he smiled while petting it. It continued to purr as it jumped down from the couch and walked to him. He didn't move as he watched the kitten climb onto his legs and then sit in his lap, still looking at him.

He sat there for a few seconds and saw a slight glimmer in it's big cute eyes as he raised his hand towards it's head.

Once his palm made contact with its head again, the kitten sat up on his lap and walked closer to his face as it climbed up his sweater and they both came face to face.

The kitten stared into Y/n's (E/c) eyes for a few seconds then it meowed cutely and started to rub its face against his.

He chuckled to himself as he heard the kitten purr once more as it kept rubbing its face with his. He smiled and said,

Y/n: "Alright you cute little fur ball, do you have a name?"

The kitten stopped rubbing its face against his and backed off of his chest then it sat on his lap once more. Y/n then noticed that the kitten had no collar around it's neck, only the neckerchief.

So he said to himself,

Y/n: "Hmm... it doesn't have a collar, so it must be a stray."

After a few moments to think to himself, he finally came to the conclusion to name the kitten himself.

So he looked at the kitten and saw that it was licking it's paw and rubbing the wet paw against its ear as it cleaned itself.

This brought a smile to Y/n's face as he watched the kitten continue to clean itself. Until he was suddenly snapped out of it when the kitten started to stare at him again.