Chapter 7: The Nightmare

(BDD- You can play the 'Here we are' soundtrack that is after the picture above, don't worry. It will last for like over 15 minutes, so it will set the mood.)

After he had passed out in front of Papyrus, he felt nothing but extreme warmth and pain throughout his body.

After what had felt like hours of lying in warmth and pain, he finally felt something cool underneath of him. It was cold and hard like ice, Y/n opened his eyes and saw that he was lying on steel.

He picked his head up and saw that he was back in the elevator that was in his dream at Toriel's house. He no longer felt any pain or extreme heat from the spaghetti that he ate.

He picked himself up and walked out of the elevator and into a hallway with many screens that hung along the wall throughout the hallway. When he looked back he saw that the entire elevator was bent and broken, even the floor he laid on was bent beyond repair. The buttons in the back of the elevator looked damaged too. He sighed and said,

Y/n: ¨Well, it looks like I'm stuck here for now. How did I even come back here? I should be dead... right? I mean, what was in that spaghetti!?¨

Y/n then shook his head and said,

Y/n: ¨No, I can't be thinking about that right now. I have to find out how to get out of here and back to Snowdin.¨

After confirming what he had to do, he walked down the hallway. As he was about to pass the first screen, it lit up with a 'Budeep' and a note appeared on it. He walked up to it and read,

(*Entry Number 1 - 'This is it... Time to do what the King asked me to do. I will create a powerful being that will be strong enough to break through the barrier and fight against the humans. I just have to unleash the power of the SOUL.'*)

Y/n raised an eyebrow at this and decided to continue down the hall until the second screen lit up with a 'Budeep' and it said,

(*Entry Number 2 - 'The Barrier is locked by SOUL power... Maybe I can artificially create this power, but...how? Based on what knowledge I have, SOUL power can be harvested from a living creature and only a living creature alone, or else it won't work... Hmm, how puzzling.'*)

He continued to walk down the hall until another screen lit up and displayed another message,

(*Entry Number 3 - 'Unfortunately, extracting a SOUL from a living monster would require incredible power... Besides being impractical, doing so would instantly destroy the SOULS host. And unlike the persistent SOULS of humans, the SOULS of most monsters would disappear immediately upon death. If only I could make a monsters SOUL last...'*)

He walked to the last screen on the wall and with a 'Budeep' it lit up and read,

(*Entry Number 4 - 'I've done it. Using the blueprints, I've extracted it from the human SOULS. I believe this is what gives their SOULS the strength to persist after death. The will to keep living and the resolve to change fate... Let's call this power... 'Determination'. Now... all I have to do is -'*)

Suddenly, the screen turned off while he was reading it. He tried to turn it back on, but no matter how much he tried, he failed to turn it back on.

Y/n: "Bummer. Right when it was getting interesting too."

He said as he left it alone and walked down the hallway until it turned left and opened up to a room with a door across from the entrance of the room and a doorway on the right side of the room with a metal door lying on the floor in front of it and another hallway that exited the room.

The door that was across from him was a big metal door with four different colors on the door. Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue. The doorway was on the right side of the room which had a sign that said,

(*'Manufacturing Room'*)

The door itself had a huge scorch mark on it while it was dented on the inside of the door. He looked toward the doorway and saw a faint green glow in the room which was covered in darkness.

He hesitated at first, but after a few moments of gathering his confidence, he slowly entered the dark room as he allowed his eyes to adjust to the dark.

As he slowly began to see his surroundings, he saw shards of glass scattered all over the floor, he saw a large television lying face down on the floor in front of a large console covered in different colored buttons and switches.

Every object in the room was covered in a thick layer of dust and mold while the stench of it all was horrible. The air chilled him to the bone as the silence of the entire area caused him to shiver even more.

Y/n then spotted the green glowing light coming from further into the room, and walked towards it and saw a large machine with a large glass tube in the middle of it and two consoles full of buttons.

The large glass tube had a large hole in the side of it with glass shards lying around the machine. It almost looked like whatever was being contained, had broken out.

He walked closer to the glass tube and saw that the green light was coming from the bottom of the tube.

He looked around and saw scraps of white cloth lying around the metal floor as they had burn marks on some of them. Then he spotted a small piece of plastic that looked a little melted on one of the scraps of cloth.

He picked it up and could only make out the letters, 'W.D' while the rest of it was distorted from being melted.

Suddenly, a bright green glow came from the bottom of the machine from behind him, he looked back at the large machine and saw the light glow brighter and brighter until he closed his eyes to shield them from the light.

Then he suddenly felt like he was weightless and... wet. He tried to open his eyes but could only open them a little bit which had limited his line of sight tremendously.

He looked around and found himself inside of the tube and floating in some kind of liquid with the green light shining on him. He then saw an outline of something standing in front of him.

The silhouette was tall and was standing straight with their shoulders behind them and their chest puffed out with their legs together. The silhouette was facing away from him as if he was talking to someone from across the room.

Their glasses catching the light and reflect it back. Then their mouth stopped moving and suddenly looked towards Y/n.

The light bouncing off of their glasses caused their lenses to go completely white and caused a flare of light to bounce back into Y/n's face and blind him.

He closed his eyelids to shield his eyes from the light once more and everything went dark.

Sorry that it's so short, I tried to make it interesting enough for you guys, but I'll try my hardest in the future chapters to make them longer!!!

Word Count: 1256