Chapter 3: Heartbreak

Once Y/n entered the house, a sweet fragrance flew through the air and into his nose. The smell was unfamiliar to him though, so whatever that was cooking was a complete mystery to him.

Toriel was standing near the doorway with a smile on her face and said,

Toriel: ¨Do you smell that, my child? Surprise! It is a Butterscotch-Cinnamon pie. I made it to celebrate your arrival. I want you to have a nice time living here, so I will hold off on snail pie for tonight.¨

This took him by surprise when he heard her say that she eats snails.

Y/n: ('She eats snails? Well, she is a goat after all. Wait, did she just say that I would be living here?!')

Toriel's smile continued as she said,

Toriel: "I have another surprise for you, my child," and walked down the hallway that was to the right of the door.

He put what she said aside for the time being and followed her down the hall. Toriel then stopped at the first door and said,

Toriel: "This is it, a room of your own. I hope you like it."

After saying this, Toriel then raised her hand over his head and once she placed it on his head, she ruffled his hair. Her furry hand ran through his hair, which only made it feel... kind of nice... but not too nice.

He didn't know how the situation made him feel. Then the smell of something burning wafted through the air which made Toriel stop and say,

Toriel: "Is something burning?... Um, make yourself at home!"

Then she took off in the direction they came from and through the passageway that opened to another part of the house. He shrugged and entered the room. The room was small but it was definitely livable.

There was a large rug in the middle of the floor that had a very strange pattern. Y/n then saw a trunk of toys sitting at the foot of the bed, he walked to it and looked through it.

(*Look at all these cool toys!... They don't interest you at all.*)

Then he spotted a shelf that had a picture frame on it on the other side of the room, he walked over to it and picked it up.

(*An empty picture frame, it's really dusty.*)

He put the picture frame down and walked over to an armoire that stood next to the bed, he opened the drawer and found a bunch of dusty and moldy striped shirts, so he closed it and decided to take a nap. So, he jumped into the bed and drifted off to sleep.

(...)

(*Once again, you don't feel alone. You can feel that someone else in the Underground is dreaming.*)

Y/n opened his eyes and saw that he was no longer laying on the bed.

Y/n: "Wha? Why am I on the floor? Where did the bed go?"

He looked down at what he was laying on, it was not the bedroom floor, it was not the dirt in the mountain either, it was nothing but pitch black.

Y/n: ¨Hmm, is this a dream? Would this be considered as a dream?¨

As he spoke, his words echoed throughout the black space that surrounded him. He got to his feet and began walking in a random direction, all he saw was pitch blackness as he walked. He felt like he was going nowhere.

(*Something about this dream didn't feel right to you. You feel someone staring at you with both curiosity and fear.*)